Dinner Monday, 8-3-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Our hot day here asks for quick and cool foods. I've had a taste for BLTs for a while; since I have to get out to run a couple errands, I'll swing by Panera for some good white bread. I'll also make big salads for us to satisfy the need for "cool". Then, just maybe, some sort of icy or ice cream-based drink. Who knows?

What are your dinner plans for tonight. Do you know?

Cajun shepherd's pie (not really since it's g. beef but that's name of the recipe). It's basically a meatloaf with the trinity and Cajun spices, baked, then topped with sautéed onion, carrot, zucchini and yellow squash (more Cajun spices), then a layer of mashed potatoes, back in the oven to brown the potatoes. Sometimes we make a very hot Cajun sauce for beef, which is way too hot for me but Craig likes it. Paul Prudhomme recipes.

I'm tired from shopping so no cooking today. I've got Banquet Salisbury steak patties heating up in the oven and I'll just nosh on that or maybe a cheese sandwich.

I'll get cooking in a day or two.

I am planning on Sichuan stir fried chicken, ginger roasted carrots and rice. Also cranberry nut bread from a good bakery.

Chicken parm and salad tonight. I'm hoping this is grandson friendly as he's here through Wednesday evening.

I made a small batch of ratatouille yesterday - minus eggplant, plus yellow summer squash - to see how we like it. Left it in the fridge overnight, so we'll have that over couscous with grilled shrimp and I'll make a lemon-basil aioli for dipping the shrimp. I think I'll make bruschetta with pesto and chopped garden tomatoes, too.

Last edited:
DH brought home a "designer" chocolate cupcake from work. It's plenty big enough for two.

Oops! I guess I had posted this on the wrong date, which was yesterday. Sorry about that!

Tonight we had for dinner...

Leafy greens, cucumbers, and tomatoes from our garden to make a salad, plus we also had...

Leftover Smoked Salmon

Leftover Chicken Tenders

Leftover French Fries

Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert

That is true love, I would've eaten the whole thing in the car! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Cold poached chicken and the last of some cabbage salad.

Heh. He already made the mistake of telling me about it on his drive home. Expectations were high.

Quick and easy dinner tonight. I bought a couple of smoked pork chops, and sauteed some fresh green beans with slivered almonds and dill. The sauce was made with homemade sour cherry preserves, butter, and a splash of smoked balsamic. :yum:

The whole thing took 20 minutes.

img_1431117_0_b487211234a4a250d8ca261d819b8e18.jpg

Quick and easy dinner tonight. I bought a couple of smoked pork chops, and sauteed some fresh green beans with slivered almonds and dill. The sauce was made with homemade sour cherry preserves, butter, and a splash of smoked balsamic. :yum:

img_1431118_0_b487211234a4a250d8ca261d819b8e18.jpg

Mmmm, that sauce sounds great, Steve. And the rest of your dinner! :yum:

img_1431130_0_b487211234a4a250d8ca261d819b8e18.jpg

Steve Kroll is cooking for us tonight and it sure was good!:wub:

Too dang hot to cook today. I picked up a chilled rotisserie chicken and had leftover pasta salad with it. For dessert, watermelon.

Steve...that pork chop looks so juicy and tender! And that cherry preserve sauce...:yum:

Dawg, a cupcake for dinner sounds fine. Been there, done that. :LOL: :yum:

I had stuffed pasta shells and steamed broccoli this evening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom