Dinner Monday 8th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a cashew masala sausage curry with basmati rice and papadoms with mango chutney

I just took a couple of pork sirloin steaks out of the freezer. The weather is warm and the gas grill is close by. I just have to come up with a marinade or rub for the meat and I'm ready.

The yungun is off work today so I asked him what he wanted. I'll be making country fried steak with mashed taters and corn or green beans.

Menu change. Weather is too nice to not grill. DH will be doing a couple Dolly Parton-sized chicken breasts while I make Hasselbeck potatoes (made those ages ago but forgot all about them till you guys started talking about them:chef:). Since the oven will still be going I think I'll roast the asparagus with a bit of lemon zest and mix DH's Brussels sprouts with some pieces of cauliflower. Ham and paprika potatoes can wait till the weather turns cool and damp later this week.

Country fried steak, mashed potaoes, asparagus.
My new way to cook asparagus; Wrap in a damp paper towel and nuke. No pot or pan to clean. Life is good.

Red posole:

Attachments

• posole 020.jpg
    posole 020.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 136
One of my very favorite meals. Homemade tostadas. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

It told me that I spelled tostadas wrong, so for fun I clicked to see how spell-check wanted me to spell it. The only alternative it gave me was asbestos. No thank you! :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom