Dinner, Monday April 14, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you are right, Bilby. I can never get it to blend in with anything I use it in. It's like adding peas to a dish..... it doesn't take much for it to become overbearing. Such a shame, too, because I love asparagus. It does better as the main ingredient or a side IMO.
The lasagna sounds delicious!

:chicken:
DaveSoMD, Re: 4/14, what is french fried onion chicken?
sounds interesting.
Karenlyn, Re: 4/15, most italians say no no no to any cheese with fish. Yours sounded good with or without. We get tilapia down here, but had never heard of it up north. It's a nice mild white fish.
I like grated cheese on my shrimp scampi. - no accounting for taste!
Bilby, Re: 4/16 asparagus - one of my favorites, along with artichokes. I steam them, then just butter, served with ham and au gratin potatoes - but that's too heavy a meal down here past easter.
Or I steam them, then shock them and drain and put in a marinade of soy, toasted sesame seeds, a little sesame oil and a little water to lighten the soy and keep overnight. The next day, yummy! I suppose you could add fresh grated ginger too - maybe next time.

quicksilver

I think you are right, Bilby. I can never get it to blend in with anything I use it in. It's like adding peas to a dish..... it doesn't take much for it to become overbearing. Such a shame, too, because I love asparagus. It does better as the main ingredient or a side IMO.
The lasagna sounds delicious!

That's funny - for St. Patrick's Day, I made a green risotto with peas and asparagus - loved it that way. I steamed the veggies in the microwave before stirring into to the risotto. It was quite delicious :chef:

My favorite way to have asparagus, though, is drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper, then roasted at 400* for about 8 minutes, then sprinkled with lemon juice as soon as it comes out of the toaster oven. Eat it while it's hot! ;)

... as to PM-ing you, I'm new to the home computer. (resurrected from the dinosaur age), so you'll have to spell that one out.

quicksilver

PM is Private Message. at the top right of the page you should see a link to your Private Messages. I'll type up the recipe and send it to you as a private message.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the PD s and the info about PD s. Haven't made it yet. Will save for a Sunday when I don't want to spend the day in there, but don't mind turning on the oven. It's getting too hot in the year to want to turn the oven on and eat in the same room. The A.C. works round the clock, but never catchs up in the kitchen with the oven on. HGD/TGIF/HAPPY PASSOVER-ALL (don't know how to say that in Hebrew,Yudish?)

quicksilver

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom