Dinner Monday, April 20, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am planning on a meatloaf if the ground beef thaws. Guess I should have planned a little earlier so I could have taken it out of the freezer sooner. It will be accompanied by mashed potatoes, green beans and a small salad.

I have some country style pork ribs marinating in a dry rub that I'll put in the oven when I get home. Sides will be oven roasted red potatos with garlic and rosemary and steamed broccoli for a green veg.

Every once in awhile I get a real taste for spagetti/linguini with "white" clam sauce. I don't dare order it in a restaurant because, well, to put it indelicately, it gives me a need to be in the bathroom within 10 minutes of eating it. So I bought a can, and since parsley isn't up yet, maybe some chives and lovage (got to figure out what to do with the latter), and a touch of pesto from the freezer from last year.

Bucks county lamb stew

left over Easter lamb cut up, mushrooms, onion, bacon, beer, roux, cream (or use mushroom soup if you're in a real hurry)

I also add peas and serve over noodles

sautee bacon lardon, sautee onion in bacon fat, sautee sliced mushrooms and cut up cooked lamb, add beer and simmer for 20 min...add roux and cream or mushroom soup. simmer, add peas and any herb such as parsley, simmer last couple minutes and serve.

even if you use the soup as a short cut, the beer gives it a homemade flavor all the way!

I like a hoppy medium weight micro brew like Dogfishhead Shelter Pale Ale or a Sam Adams. Gives great flavor to the stew!

Pork/Noodle stirfry with mushrooms, baby corn, onion, brocolli, and whatever else I can find :chef:

going to grill some french lamb chops, I've coated them with evoo, minced parsley,garlic and rosemary. Have a little left over pesto pasta that I hid away yesterday, some fruit slad and some bread we can warm on the grill...Vanilla ice cream with strawberry coulis...
kadesma

Been "at it" since I got up this morning, so I'm going easy on dinner. I'm just going to cook some tilapia in butter and olive oil with a little garlic and have some steamed green beans on the side. Have some brownies I took out of the freezer for dessert.

THANK youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
yum, i love lamb, too! we're on game meats. so duck, venison, & lamb. GO lamb!

Very potent Bloody Marys -- from the Bar......
Pork Spare Ribs -- from the pit.......
Tator Salad -- From the bowl...
Green Bean & Tomatoes -- from the skillet
Chocolate Ice Cream -- from the freezer......

Baked spaghetti, with mozzarella cheese oozing all over it, garlic toast, small salad (my favorite cherry tomatoes all over it, and cheesecake!! Cant wait to dig in!

Bucks county lamb stew

left over Easter lamb cut up, mushrooms, onion, bacon, beer, roux, cream (or use mushroom soup if you're in a real hurry)

I also add peas and serve over noodles

sautee bacon lardon, sautee onion in bacon fat, sautee sliced mushrooms and cut up cooked lamb, add beer and simmer for 20 min...add roux and cream or mushroom soup. simmer, add peas and any herb such as parsley, simmer last couple minutes and serve.

even if you use the soup as a short cut, the beer gives it a homemade flavor all the way!

I like a hoppy medium weight micro brew like Dogfishhead Shelter Pale Ale or a Sam Adams. Gives great flavor to the stew!

so tonight I added carrots and cashews to the stew...carrots at the start and the cashews in the last 10 minutes. also tossed in a bay leaf.

nice additions.

We had a yummy mixture of sauteed Italian sausage, variously colored bell peppers, onions, penne pasta, garlic olive oil, and grated Parmesan cheese. A one-pot wonder.

it has been another record breaking hot day here in so calif. not hungry for anything so just micro hot dog and iced tea. no more cake in the evening. all the sugar kept me up til three am.

Back
Top Bottom