Dinner, Monday Aug. 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having Rachael Ray's Cranberry Bog Turkey Burgers. Probably a tossed salad on the side. I've never made the burgers before, but they got a really good rating.

Saturday I made my outrageously famous five spice red snapper, and I had 3 good sized fillets, so I will be having Five Spice Red Snapper, steamed brown rice, and hot buttered carrot slices for lunch today and tomorrow. Supper will, as always, be romaine salad with thousand island, grated sharp cheddar, and seasoned croutons.

sounding good!, I`m the mood for fish also, so it`s the Great British Traditional Fish`n`Chips tonight :)

Mmmmmmm, fish and chips sounds good. I am leaving dinner for the kiddos and Ken tonight and eating at work. Not sure whether I will make them eat leftovers or if I will make them something new. There is a vat of chicken soup brewing on the stove right now, but Ken doesn't think that is enough for a meal. So...maybe soup and sandwiches?

I have a roasted chicken, some basil, raspberries and sourdough french rolls, I 'm slicing the chicken thin, mixing some raspberries with some mayo and building a sammie..Cut open the roll put raspberry mayo on each side, add some red onion rings, some think sliced chicken, basil leaves salt and pepper, then put the rolls open faced on a plate and top with some thinkly sliced red cabbage that has a little evoo and raspberry vinegar on it. With it will be some potatoe salad..dessert will be left over triffle from yesterday.
kadesma;)

Still too hot to do any real cooking. I'll probably raid the refrigerator for leftovers since Buck will be at his regular Lions Club dinner meeting tonight.

Although a nice big bowl of popcorn sounds good right now.

I made Peach and Plum dumplings, old German recipe (actually I combined 2 recipes).

Popcorn does sound good! :rolleyes:

Well tomorrow happens to be my due date, so trying to take it easy. Probably just a pizza tonight.

legend_018 said:
Well tomorrow happens to be my due date, so trying to take it easy. Probably just a pizza tonight.

Hope everything goes well! I agree--take it easy! ;)

Last edited:
YT2095 said:
sounding good!, I`m the mood for fish also, so it`s the Great British Traditional Fish`n`Chips tonight :)

I can't WAIT! 2 more days! I am going to get fish and chipped out, and eat more curry then I know what to do with.

As for tonight, keeping it simple I am sure. More then likely leftovers...but that is subject to change.

Something with chicken. Earlier I thought it was going to be cooler out than it is so maybe on the grill with a salad and white sweet potatoes. Got some fresh tomatoes out of the garden which I will have with just a little salt.

legend_018 said:
Best wishes, to you and your new little one. Rest, and get ready..Let us know about the newest DC member when you are able.
kadesma:)

fried chicken .. mashed potatoes .. a bucketfull of country gravy ..
some yeast rolls .. maybe some green beans ..

grilled porl tenderloin, roasted red potatoes, green beans and leftover pound cake for dessert with a cup of tea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom