Dinner, Monday August 18th!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having leftovers. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and rolls. Delicious!!!

Barb

probably pork tenderloin roast, herbed taters, or mashed potatoes, & haricots verts.

welp, that turned into chix nuggets. jake brought them.

We're having leftovers. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and rolls. Delicious!!!

Barb

Did I miss Thanksgiving again this year :huh:

I want what you're having, even though my neighbor just rode over on his wheeler because he smelled my ribs searing across the creek ;)

mmmm, turkey and stuffing

We had cube steaks with gravy, mashed taters and salads. Enough leftover for another meal. Gotta get used to cooking for two!

I made fried chicken with a boneless breast and an cilantro-lime jasmine rice.....simple, fast, yet tasty :)

Attachments

• 520.jpg
    520.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 173
Too much for a lunch later this week, so it's leftover pork roast and skillet roasted potatoes from yesterday. No appetite today, which makes this quite adequate. Do want something sweet, but nothing in the house. Maybe a handful of chocolate chips.

went to the doctor today. it absolutely wore me out. so stopped at kfc and got a snacker (small chicken on a roll) meal. has few fries as well.

dr. says i have touch of pneumonia and prescribed an antibiotic. guess i should have taken everyone's advice and gone sooner. oh well, on the mend now.

babe:chef:

...Do want something sweet, but nothing in the house. Maybe a handful of chocolate chips.

Desparation rears its ugly head. When you need a sweets fix, you go to extremes.

I have been known to put peanut butter and jam on a toaster waffle when I had to have something sweet.

went to the doctor today. it absolutely wore me out. so stopped at kfc and got a snacker (small chicken on a roll) meal. has few fries as well.

dr. says i have touch of pneumonia and prescribed an antibiotic. guess i should have taken everyone's advice and gone sooner. oh well, on the mend now.

babe:chef:

Take the drugs all the way to the end so you kick that bug. I wish I were closer so I could bring you some chicken soup and crusty NYT bread. As my Jewish friend used to say about chicken soup (he called it Jewish penicillin); "It won't help ya, but it won't hoit ya either."

Get well soon.

JoeV

glad you went to your doc, babe. finally. i was worried.

now put on your coziest jammies, find your most beloved blanket, & nap till tomorrow, babetoo!!!

(luvs orders. not a doc, been with illness 'nuff to say what'll cure your ails.)

virtual bowl of soup to you!!!

(hugs)

Desparation rears its ugly head. When you need a sweets fix, you go to extremes.

I have been known to put peanut butter and jam on atoaser waffle when I had Kto hOave something sweet.

OK everyone, don't laugh until you've tried it! When I'm really desperate I'll make a butter and sugar sandwich (after all, it requires NO baking). :LOL: The butter has to be really soft though.

And I had MORE TOMATO PIE for dinner - there's only a sliver left and that will be breakfast unless my DH eats it when he gets home - I'd almost pay him to eat it! I just couldn't bring myself to waste it though.

I had BBQ Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoe and Peas and Carrots.

Balsamic BBQ Sauce

1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.

I tell ya what JoeV

that place isn't for sissy's anymore.
crazy lighting, odd seeming kinds of all types, good food, way too busy, and last night, I think I paid the light bill:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom