"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #11
Head Chef

Banh mi's made with homemade ginger/Asian flavorings that Craig made a while back that's been in the freezer plus a slaw of angel hair cabbage plus grated radish/carrot, quick pickled cukes and fresh cut/fried fries.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #12
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
DH and I have been on a road trip for more than a month now and we are in Taos New Mexico at a wonderful old motor court lodge.
The center courtyard is gorgeous with fully equipped charcoal grills.
I found a super nice grocery store and bought the fixin's for:
Steak
salad
potaoes
and to cap it off with a boom ...
s'mores
This place is in the hacienda-style and there is a charming covered porch with VERY comfortable furniture and tables.
I'm not sure if I have enough to share, so I hope that others have there own dinner ready.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Not nearly as much as what's happening at your place, Beth.

I smoked and pulled a beef chuck roast yesterday. We'll have pulled beef sandwiches with BBQ sauce and cole slaw (separate from the sandwich) for dinner.
I'll have to modify my technique for smoked pulled beef. The meat came out a bit dry. BBQ sauce covers a lot of sins. It still tasted great.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds very nice, k'girl!

We're doing burgers in the cast iron skillet on the stove with steak fries. Cole slaw for DH and sliced tomato on the side for me. I do mustard, ketchup and pickles only on my burger. Unless I do cheddar cheese, bacon and A1 sauce.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Into the city today. I brought some beef brisket in to have with my son for lunch as it was his birthday today. We ended up eating late so not a big dinner. Stopped in to see my daughter at work and then off to the Italian Grocer to spend one of the gift cards I was given. I splurged and bought an expensive(for me, anyway) bottle of Balsamic vinegar and other assorted goodies...so...to make a long story longer, we had Italian treats for dinner.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
DH and I have been on a road trip for more than a month now and we are in Taos New Mexico at a wonderful old motor court lodge.
The center courtyard is gorgeous with fully equipped charcoal grills.
I found a super nice grocery store and bought the fixin's for:
Steak
salad
potaoes
and to cap it off with a boom ...
s'mores
This place is in the hacienda-style and there is a charming covered porch with VERY comfortable furniture and tables.
I'm not sure if I have enough to share, so I hope that others have there own dinner ready.
Good to hear from you Kgirl, and glad you're having a great time! That place sounds terrific, I can just picture it. Those are the kinds of places that make a road trip really memorable. Enjoy!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:42 PM   #17
Head Chef

Pasta ,sausage, meatballs w/red sauce.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
DH and I have been on a road trip for more than a month now and we are in Taos New Mexico at a wonderful old motor court lodge...
Sounds like you and DH are having a wonderful time! Also, I think you might close to bethzaring's neck of the woods. Wave to her for me, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
...(Last night's dinner never got made. The tuna was off, and so was the cook...
Himself to the rescue, he saved the tuna. When I sniffed the package and it smelled fishy...well, let's just say it was yesterday's last straw. Blew past him to the basement and...you know, garage sale stuff. He rinsed and blotted it, repackaged it, and tucked it into the coldest part of the fridge. Today, as he was heading out to cut grass, he mentioned I might want to "check the tuna". Check it? I thought he chucked it. Happy ending - the tuna was fine. The shrimp was beyond fine. And the panzanella salad was a real winner. He's already asking for me to make it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-24 21.48.34.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	23315   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-24 21.41.05.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	23316  

Old 08-24-2015, 11:18 PM   #19
Master Chef

Kgirl, I can just picture that old style hacienda courtyard, too....sounds great, and your dinner sounds so good, too. Especially the s'mores.

Rock, happy birthday to Rock Jr. What a great day with family.

CG....that looks scrumptious, glad Himself rescued the tuna!

Everyone's dinners this evening sounds sooo good...!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Mmmm, I love panzanella salad Looks delish!

Tags
dinner