Dinner Monday, Dec 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds tasty! Now I know why I come here for dinner ideas. Gotta thaw the burger in the microwave though.

And that's the beauty of premade patties ;)
A 1 lb hunk of unthawed burger has kept me away from a few short notice meals, but frozen patties cook up just fine, and grill even better.

Sattie, here is how I do the chipotle cream sauce. I just sautè a few chicken breasts and hold them in the oven in a cazuela until the sauce is done. I don't put any cheese (Monerey jack) on mine but my husband likes it on his.

Chipotle Cream Sauce for Chicken
3/4 cup milk
3 canned chipotles or 3 dried chipotles*
2-3 garlic cloves, or to taste
1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream

Combine milk, chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder and salt in blender and puree until smooth. In large skillet melt butter, add the flour and blend until lump-free. Add sour cream and cream, whisk until well blended. Stir in the chipotle puree, stir mixture until it thickens. Remove from heat and pour over sautèed chicken. You can top with cheese and put in oven until it melts.
*When I use dried chipotles I heat the milk and let the seeded chipotles steep for about an hour, cool and then put in blender.

Oh yummy!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

My oldest had a great idea!
He loves swimp UB.... :)
He asked if he could have a side of shrimp with his corn chowder...

He gets a side and I get shrimp chowder!
the other 2 get plain corn chowder.

sounds like some yummy stuff goin' on. We had a late burger lunch with chili-cheese fries.

I might make some mac & cheese or we may just heat up a noodle bowl from the pantry.

Dinner ended up being chicken picatta!
img_746485_0_ca411a62a84219b66ea23e09fa701ad4.jpg

mmmm, mashed potatoes... very nice. I almost went that route, but stuck with the fries. As you can see, I've had a thing going with broccoli :) That stuff just may have moved into my #1 green veggie.

Attachments

• 12-15 burger gravy.jpg
    12-15 burger gravy.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 158
mmmm, mashed potatoes... very nice. I almost went that route, but stuck with the fries. As you can see, I've had a thing going with broccoli :) That stuff just may have moved into my #1 green veggie.

I ended up making Hamburger Steak with Onion Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Buttered Peas.

toasted half an english muffin, buttered it. in skillet heated 2 slice of canadion bacon and cooked an egg, soft center. did some creamed spinach in micro and put on top. lots of cheese on top melted in micor. wonderful. hadn't made it in a long time. not sure why.

Sounds good, Babe!

DH didn't bring home the chicken breasts but made supper because I was still baking. He made a concoction of ground beef, onions, garlic, canned mushrooms, mushroom soup, peas and corn all cooked up together. Was actually quite good and he was quite proud of himself because he didn't ask for any advice or help!

Back
Top Bottom