Dinner, Monday February 11, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, I am making foccacia for a wedding reception tonight so I am thinking I will just parlay that into pizza for dinner - what's a little more dough, right?

Not sure of toppings but will see when I get to the store. I am thinking italian sausage with leeks and mushrooms for one.

What's everyone else doing?

I'm making chicken soulaki (skewers on a broiling pan in the oven), steamed chicken flavoured rice and some kind of vegetable. :)

I'm using the leftover rib roast to make soup. I never know what the soup will be like until time to eat. Also I made a Bananas Foster cheesecake for our celebration yesterday and will never make it again. It is too big - too rich. I'll settle for one slice when we eat out now and again.

Chicken legs... not sure how I'll cook them.
Broccoli steamed and noodles for hubby.

If I can get enough energy, I hope to make manicotti from America's test Kitchen recipe and their garlic bread.

It's kind of chilly here, so braised beef short ribs with veggies and horseradish mashed potatoes will be good for tonight.

I was going to raid the refrigerator for leftovers because Buck was supposed to be at his Lions Club dinner meeting. However, Mother Nature threw sleet and ice into the mix, so Buck's not going to the meeting. It'll probably be canceled anyway. Looks like it's time to get creative. All I know is, is that I want something WARM! It's mucho cold.

I'll be making pan-seared pork chops with homemade applesauce, roasted potatoes and either green beans with garlic/diced tomato sauce, or a salad. Probably go with the beans - it's cold today, so I'd rather have something warm.

We are having fried (panko & sesame seed) snapper with Thai chili sauce, salad (my father-in-law's wife is making), portobello & button mushroom couscous with thyme & fresh reg parm, broccoli salad with red onions, currants, toasted almonds & bacon with a sweet red wine mayo & cookies for dessert.

We are having fried (panko & sesame seed) snapper with Thai chili sauce, salad (my father-in-law's wife is making), portobello & button mushroom couscous with thyme & fresh reg parm, broccoli salad with red onions, currants, toasted almonds & bacon with a sweet red wine mayo & cookies for dessert.

MMMM, can I trade you a piece of my sausage, leek and mushroom pizza for some snapper?

Ended up raiding the fridge, told hubby this is what is available for supper, so he had a smorgasbord :LOL:

dinner

having left over chicken salsa and left over jasmine rice, may add some sauted mushrooms. a salad with lots of goodies.

no clue for dessert , maybe sugarless pudding.

babe

yum, that pizza sounds very tasty! Do you make a leek sauce or just chop them up and throw them on?

I cut the whites of the leeks into thin slices and carmelized them with olive oil and garlic, much like you would onions. Then I sprinkled them on, oil and all, over the other toppings before the cheese. It really adds a distinctive flavour. The sausage was mild italian, I just scramble fried it out of the casing and put it on with the mushrooms. I ended up adding some black olive slices as well. DH liked it almost better than his ham and pineapple!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom