Dinner, Monday, January 7th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
merry christmas to those celebrating on the eastern orthodox traditions!

i have the remnants of our christmas ham (made the weekened after since we were at my sister's house for the holiday), so i'll be making this today when i get home from work: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f59/crock-pot-split-pea-soup-ham-33424.html

i also AM (grrr, gh) going to see ozzy, who is well and can't wait to show me buckets of drainage from his surgery.

also going to costco, so i may pick up something from there, if the pea soup makes me think of surgical drainage...:sick:

so, umm, nevermind.

i was gonna ask what you were cooking, but nevermind. i don't feel so good.

i also AM (grrr, gh) going to see ozzy, who is well and can't wait to show me buckets of drainage from his surgery.

also going to costco, so i may pick up something from there, if the pea soup makes me think of surgical drainage...:sick:
Haha!!! I know what you mean. After I had my dialysis tube cut out of my arm after it abcessed in several spots, I couldn't eat lamb mince for a while, as they left all the wounds open post-surgery so that they would heal better (packed with saline gauze). I did try not to look when they changed the dressings but when the cleaning staff and tea ladies stop to have a gander, you end up joining in!!

Hope Ozzy is feeling better anyway.

I am still trying to decide what to have tonight. I picked up some beef chipolatas today with fresh bread rolls but after I picked up a huge field mushroom and some semi-dried tomatoes and feta. Plan one was to stuff the mushroom with the semi-dried tomatoes and feta, and top with bread crumbs and grated cheddar.

I think it will probably end up being the sausages cos the rolls are only fresh for so long. Also, they only need a frypan which is better than running the oven today as it is HOT! Even the birds are hiding away - not a squawk, cheep or caw to be heard at all....

Having read Jeek's Pasta thread (YUM), I'm thinking about making spaetzle (from scratch using the large holes on a box grater), Sauerbraten (with gingersnaps & sour cream sauce), and green beans. Potato pancakes as a backup if my spaetzle flops for tomorrow.

Last edited:
thanks lefse, will do.

and thanks bilby. no chatterin' from the galahs? (the ones outside, i mean. ;))

amy, you're making sauerbraten? yumm. have you had the roast soaking long?

I have a spicy chicken sausage & yukon gold potatoes, but no idea yet what I'm going to add to them or how I'll prepare them. Off to search some threads...

LOL BT, glad to learn that ozzie is doing better

By 10:00 a.m. I pulled dinner out of the oven, another portabella mushroom pizza. I am expecting to be in the barn the rest of the day holding a hoof:) and hopefully not having to do not much more than that. Goat birthing goes so slowly...........

oh and since I had the oven on I made a batch of peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies;)

Its back to the usual grind for me now. Kids are back in school and I'm sitting here pouting cuz I'm lonely. WAAAAA! I am going to bake today. Think I'll do some kind of bar thing with condensed milk and chocolate chips. Not sure what else I'll toss in there, but hopefully it will taste yummy.

We had pork roast last night, so I think tonight will be something chickeny, or if I get inspired by all this talk of pasta I may break out my machine and make a lasagna or cannelloni for dinner. Going to go peruse my freezer now.

Well, we are back to a "family of four" as both our borders are now back. I think it will be homemade pizza tonight, starting with the crust. Not sure of all the toppings yet though.

That one looks delicious, Amy! I'm printing it up and as soon as I get some cheeses, I'd like to try it out, I already have Italian sausage and spinach in the freezer here.

Be sure to add the nutmeg to the sauce. YUM!

Pork chops in onion sauce is on the menu tonight,mashed potatoes or rice haven't decided yet, green beans with garlic and bacon, slices of cantaloupe instead of green salad and biscuits...dessert? Apple pie and ice cream should do it.

kadesma;)

Ok, enough deliberating, I've decided I have no appetite. So I'll make a sausage & potato stew (tomato, paprika, chicken stock, etc...) with bread for dipping for DH. And just a cup of Chai tea for me.

(Fra Diavolo sounds good though...)

P.S- Thanks for the tip, Amy

I've been on a binge of either rich and/or spicy food. Tonight it is canned chicken and noodle soup. No dessert...well, maybe a couple of pieces of fresh pineapple.

Working late... so it's leftover ground beef mixed in with
"FAKE" pasta sauce from the store or leftover bean soup.

Making a recipe from Ol Blue for meatloaf. Also some mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and a green salad. Boston creme pie for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom