"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Dinner, Monday, January 7th.

merry christmas to those celebrating on the eastern orthodox traditions!

i have the remnants of our christmas ham (made the weekened after since we were at my sister's house for the holiday), so i'll be making this today when i get home from work: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ham-33424.html

i also AM (grrr, gh) going to see ozzy, who is well and can't wait to show me buckets of drainage from his surgery.

also going to costco, so i may pick up something from there, if the pea soup makes me think of surgical drainage...

so, umm, nevermind.

i was gonna ask what you were cooking, but nevermind. i don't feel so good.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:49 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i also AM (grrr, gh) going to see ozzy, who is well and can't wait to show me buckets of drainage from his surgery.

also going to costco, so i may pick up something from there, if the pea soup makes me think of surgical drainage...
Haha!!! I know what you mean. After I had my dialysis tube cut out of my arm after it abcessed in several spots, I couldn't eat lamb mince for a while, as they left all the wounds open post-surgery so that they would heal better (packed with saline gauze). I did try not to look when they changed the dressings but when the cleaning staff and tea ladies stop to have a gander, you end up joining in!!

Hope Ozzy is feeling better anyway.

I am still trying to decide what to have tonight. I picked up some beef chipolatas today with fresh bread rolls but after I picked up a huge field mushroom and some semi-dried tomatoes and feta. Plan one was to stuff the mushroom with the semi-dried tomatoes and feta, and top with bread crumbs and grated cheddar.

I think it will probably end up being the sausages cos the rolls are only fresh for so long. Also, they only need a frypan which is better than running the oven today as it is HOT! Even the birds are hiding away - not a squawk, cheep or caw to be heard at all....

Old 01-07-2008, 02:54 AM   #3
Head Chef

Having read Jeek's Pasta thread (YUM), I'm thinking about making spaetzle (from scratch using the large holes on a box grater), Sauerbraten (with gingersnaps & sour cream sauce), and green beans. Potato pancakes as a backup if my spaetzle flops for tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Buckster..........hug Oz for me and make him, I said MAKE HIM, hug you too
Old 01-07-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks lefse, will do.

and thanks bilby. no chatterin' from the galahs? (the ones outside, i mean. )

amy, you're making sauerbraten? yumm. have you had the roast soaking long?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
Senior Cook

I have a spicy chicken sausage & yukon gold potatoes, but no idea yet what I'm going to add to them or how I'll prepare them. Off to search some threads...
Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourgirl View Post
I have a spicy chicken sausage & yukon gold potatoes, but no idea yet what I'm going to add to them or how I'll prepare them. Off to search some threads...
Hi Flourgril. Made this Sausage Potato Lasagna last week & it was a winner.

Sausage Potato Lasagna

Just a thought.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
Executive Chef

LOL BT, glad to learn that ozzie is doing better

By 10:00 a.m. I pulled dinner out of the oven, another portabella mushroom pizza. I am expecting to be in the barn the rest of the day holding a hoof and hopefully not having to do not much more than that. Goat birthing goes so slowly...........

oh and since I had the oven on I made a batch of peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
Everymom

Its back to the usual grind for me now. Kids are back in school and I'm sitting here pouting cuz I'm lonely. WAAAAA! I am going to bake today. Think I'll do some kind of bar thing with condensed milk and chocolate chips. Not sure what else I'll toss in there, but hopefully it will taste yummy.

We had pork roast last night, so I think tonight will be something chickeny, or if I get inspired by all this talk of pasta I may break out my machine and make a lasagna or cannelloni for dinner. Going to go peruse my freezer now.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
onion bhajis, riata, paneer and chili roti and fish chat masala.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote