Dinner, Monday July 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buddy, hospital again?

We had brisket!! WOOHOO!! DH had to have it blended and he didn't get the taste of it, but, he's happy!

same thing as last night, and probably the same thing as tomorrow and the next night!

spaghetti with broccoli, pesto and an unmarked soft goat cheese. The spaghetti took ten minutes to cook, so when there was 4 minutes left, I added the chopped broccoli to the boiling pasta, drained it all, stirred in the pesto and cheese and it was delicious. I asked dh how many dinners in a row could he eat this meal and he said, 10. Well, we only have enough broccoli for about 4 meals, so that is dinner this week:)

Hey, do you make goat cheese? I tried goat cheese over a year ago and have been hooked! I can't imagine making it fresh and getting to eat it like that! Must be dreamy!

Had BLT's.
I was going to make pulled pork sammies but I forgot to plug in the crockpot before I turned it on.... it wasn't done early enough.
Guess what we're having tomorrow??? :)

i grilled some chicken breasts, and the fish we caught yesterday.

the largemouth bass were gross, so we tossed them. but the crappies were very good. 10,000 bones, but the meat was light and flaky.

we also grazed in the garden, washing stuff off with the hose as we dined. we had stringbeans (that my boy started from seed in school!), and the first carrots of the season. organic carrots picked young and tender rock!

i had a few very disappointing thai bird chilis. not hot at all. too much rain. the plants need to be heat stressed to produce good chilis.

we also had a few korean small green peppers. they're sort of like finger bell peppers, as finger eggplants would be to the larger classic black. good flavor.

i grilled some chicken breasts, and the fish we caught yesterday.

the largemouth bass were gross, so we tossed them. but the crappies were very good. 10,000 bones, but the meat was light and flaky.

we also grazed in the garden, washing stuff off with the hose as we dined. we had stringbeans (that my boy started from seed in school!), and the first carrots of the season. organic carrots picked young and tender rock!

i had a few very disappointing thai bird chilis. not hot at all. too much rain. the plants need to be heat stressed to produce good chilis.

we also had a few korean small green peppers. they're sort of like finger bell peppers, as finger eggplants would be to the larger classic black. good flavor.

What? No seaweed?? :)

lol, no elsie. no seaweed. i had it saturday for lunch, though, in seaweed eggdrop soup. yum.

and we had sushi for dinner.

i'm trying to decide what i should get to eat now, though. a lamb burger deluxe, or a souvlaki deluxe, or a chicken parm hero, or just eat a few small leftovers (chicken cordon bleu, mashed spuds, spaghetti and sausage)

Last edited:
Turkey sandwich on half multi-grain baggette and a dill pickle. I am still full, never touched the three bean salad or the fruit salad I made to go with.

lefse, you've been skipping too many meals lately, or eating almost nothing.

you need to eat! take the time for yourself or it'll be taken for you when you get sick. :neutral:

Some times I just don't have time Bucky, plus, it's not like I'm wasting away.

But thank you for your concern, it's my kids and husbands concern too. Next time we meet, can we go to Becco please, you'll see how much of LB's food I can get in this body of mine.Or else just bring me some NJ tomatoes from your garden, that'll suffice just fine.

I read your posts about going into your garden with your darling little man;) and am ever so envious, I can almost taste the quality of your garden. I have always wanted to nibble on New Jersey tomatoes. Can you toss me one? How good's your throwing arm?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom