Dinner, Monday July 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to get creative today.
DH has been playing with big chunks of meat and a grill all weekend..... with no other purpose than to play.
So now I have large amounts of cooked pork and beef I need to USE!
Hmmmm, I'm sensing another HELP ME! thread.......

I need to get creative today.
DH has been playing with big chunks of meat and a grill all weekend..... with no other purpose than to play.
So now I have large amounts of cooked pork and beef I need to USE!
Hmmmm, I'm sensing another HELP ME! thread.......

for some reason when I read this taco salad popped into my head...with shredded pork or beef?
hmmmm I must be craving something:LOL:

I was wondering how that meat all came out Suzi. Did you eat any of it yesterday?

I'm having the same thing I had last night, loose meat on half a sub roll, three ears of fresh corn (mmmm) and the other half of a twice baked potato I made last night. First attempt for twice baked potatoes and not too bad.... I finished them on the grill.

It turned out ok, DH swears he tastes freezerburn but I think he's nuts.....
The beef was kinda tough.... we took off the grill at 155..... turns out the thermometer is reading about 30 deg high..... so it was still mooing and grossed me out. So we put it in the oven another 20 min, but then it got OVERcooked....
The pork is ok but I dont know what to do with it and I need to use it today.

Interesting. I'll be cooking a brisket on my grill shortly. I think I have three in the freezer....

It is either left over roast from yesterday, which turned out awesome, or left over pasta bake which was about as good. Got some left over mashed taters... I'm thinking tater pancakes!!!

Grilled center cut pork chops with a blueberry gravy, roasted green beans and carmelized butternut squash.Hopefully dh will be home or this will be tomorrow night's dinner too.(He's on call until Wednesday morning).Enjoy your dinners!!!Love an energy, Vicki

A big healthy salad with lots of fresh veggies, grilled chicken will be added to Paul's.

I'm making pork tenderloin with Ah So Sauce (I picked some up while I was in Boston. I haven't had it since I was a kid), fried rice, and egg rolls.

What's cooking at your house today?

ah-original.jpg

same thing as last night, and probably the same thing as tomorrow and the next night!

spaghetti with broccoli, pesto and an unmarked soft goat cheese. The spaghetti took ten minutes to cook, so when there was 4 minutes left, I added the chopped broccoli to the boiling pasta, drained it all, stirred in the pesto and cheese and it was delicious. I asked dh how many dinners in a row could he eat this meal and he said, 10. Well, we only have enough broccoli for about 4 meals, so that is dinner this week:)

There was a thread a couple of days ago about Texas Barbeque. It made me hungry for brisket...the melt-in-your-mouth kind. So I went to my local BBQ joint and ordered some. They sell by the pound.

Tonight I'll add some corn on the cob and cole slaw.

Which One ?

There was a thread a couple of days ago about Texas Barbeque. It made me hungry for brisket...the melt-in-your-mouth kind. So I went to my local BBQ joint and ordered some. They sell by the pound.

Tonight I'll add some corn on the cob and cole slaw.
Which one?

Sesame chicken strips with spicy apricot dipping sauce served over sesame noodles.

Back
Top Bottom