Dinner, Monday July 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight I am making grilled bnls. chicken thighs, eggplant, fresh green beans and potatoes, cole slaw and garlic bread.

Last edited:
a whole bunch of supermarket freshly made Indian foods, pakora, bahjis, samosas, tikkas, kebabs, etc...

and I`ve made a Lite dip to go with it, by lite I mean like a mousse, it`s basicly fresh coriander finely chopped with mint, onion and garlic powder, a dash of tobasco and Mayo, then I add a pinch of Bicarb and mix well.
the bicarb reacts with the vinegar in the mayo and becomes like a mousse :)

Hmmmm.......the thread here about “Chicken Fired Chicken” using skinless, boneless thighs has got me craving the same dish. And now, the first post in this thread is about fried chicken thighs.....it’s a sign.

So, I think Chicken Fried Chicken with Cream Gravy (using boned & skinned thighs), mashed potatoes, green beans, and dinner rolls.

Well, your dinner sounds absolutely delicious until you get to the fried eggplant. I've never really taken to eggplant in any form and I've always been a firm believer that anything tastes good fried.

Tonight its grilled pork kabobs and grilled pineapple.
Also doing a classic cheese fondue with bread and some lightly steamed broccoli & caulliflower for dipping.

Dessert is cheesecake with blueberry topping.

DH is off to a business dinner tonight, so I'll make myself a club sandwich and a caprese salad with tomatoes and herbs from the garden. Loaded Chocolate Brownie ice cream for dessert :-D

River Street Sweets said:
Well, your dinner sounds absolutely delicious until you get to the fried eggplant. I've never really taken to eggplant in any form and I've always been a firm believer that anything tastes good fried.

The only way I like eggplant is in moussaka - it's layered with so much other good stuff, I hardly know it's there :LOL:

Since it is chilly here today I am making Shepard's Pie with a green salad tossed with my homemade "Russian type" dressing. Dessert? hmmm have to think on that.

Just finished dinner :chef:

Used up the glut of veggies I had left over from last week.

I literally had 12 carrots I turned into soup with some pots and a big bag of spinach. Added some corriander, cumin and finished off with some pancetta.

I found some beautiful asparagus today so we are having roast chicken, pasta salad, roast asparagus and baby cucumbers. I had to make myself a cucumber sandwich while I was cooking. Our gd is coming over after work so we won't have leftovers.

Have a batch of YT's frikadellen mixed up to make little patties, it smells and looks great already..with it potatoe salad, green beans steamed and buttered, left over melons from sunday, small warm sour dough rolls,and left over white cake and chocolate chip ice cream if anybody is interested...
kadesma:)

We had baked chicken parm, steamed broccoli, and pasta with marinara sauce. I also made tossed green salads with Trader Joe's Low-Cal Basil Dressing. It's my new all-time favorite dressing. It is the perfect blend of garlic, basil, a hint of cheese, and a little more garlic! :)

kadesma said:
Have a batch of YT's frikadellen mixed up to make little patties, it smells and looks great already..with it potatoe salad, green beans steamed and buttered, left over melons from sunday, small warm sour dough rolls,and left over white cake and chocolate chip ice cream if anybody is interested...
kadesma:)

I saw YT’s thread about Frikadellen and I had no idea what it was. On one website I saw, it was called “German meat patties”. I’ve got a friend born and raised in Hamburg, Germany, and he still lives there. He speaks good English (but I don’t speak any German :ermm: ), so I asked him if he had ever heard of Frikadellen and if he had a recipe. Here’s his reply:

"Lol, sure. It’s ground meat with onions and breadcrumbs. I think it’s called meatballs in English. I can ask my sister who is very good at healthy cooking (reduced fat etc.)."

I’m still waiting on his sister’s recipe. I need to bug him about it tomorrow. I’ve only been at DC for a short while, but WOW at all I’ve learned of late. You guys are having me constantly look things up! :LOL:

keltin said:
I saw YT’s thread about Frikadellen and I had no idea what it was. On one website I saw, it was called “German meat patties”. I’ve got a friend born and raised in Hamburg, Germany, and he still lives there. He speaks good English (but I don’t speak any German :ermm: ), so I asked him if he had ever heard of Frikadellen and if he had a recipe. Here’s his reply:

"Lol, sure. It’s ground meat with onions and breadcrumbs. I think it’s called meatballs in English. I can ask my sister who is very good at healthy cooking (reduced fat etc.)."

I’m still waiting on his sister’s recipe. I need to bug him about it tomorrow. I’ve only been at DC for a short while, but WOW at all I’ve learned of late. You guys are having me constantly look things up! :LOL:

I thought he was swearing in German. :ermm: :LOL::ohmy:

Last edited:
cajun jambalaya
did not have tazzo but i used up some ends of prosciutto
had some nice hot spanish chorizo
chicken hind quarters were on sale so it was a natural
nice long grain california rice
fresh chicken stock
onions peppers celery
lots of worchestershire sauce
tons of cayenne and white pepper
bit of fresh basil

served it up with an heirloom tomato salad and raw baby carrots with spicy buffalo wing blue cheese dip:chef:

hmmmmm
i wonder if i should have seconds:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom