Dinner, Monday July 7th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner tonight July 7 is supposed to be Zucchini Spaghetti but I made use of what was in my fridge and added Romaine lettuce, carrots and leftover chicken barbeque from last night's dinner.

img_641612_0_9dd40cd18b894c4817a6553e1ac27a4d.jpg
looks amazing, great job!

dw had the doc, so after working the midnight shift, i caught a few z's, then dragged my butt out of bed.

first, i took my boy on a bike ride. stopped in all of the neighborhood shops to say hi to everyone and press some flesh (he's only 4, but i think he's already working on a campain slogan), then came home and made turkey meatballs in a nice tomato sauce with garlic and basil from the garden.

we had it with shells, and crusty italian bread and butter.

the meatballs were good but a little firm. i made them a little too small, and a jumbo egg was too much for just under a pound of ground turkey.
i added some minced onion, which was nice, and a tsp of fennel seeds. i shoulda added more fennel; it was delicious. i will be doing that again from now on.

I had to go clothes shopping after work, so I was too tired to make anything by the time I was on my way home. So I stopped and picked up a pizza :cool: Also had some leftover couscous salad with grilled veggies and champagne vinaigrette.

the meatballs were good but a little firm. i made them a little too small, and a jumbo egg was too much for just under a pound of ground turkey.
i added some minced onion, which was nice, and a tsp of fennel seeds. i shoulda added more fennel; it was delicious. i will be doing that again from now on.
I loved watching this episode because to me, it was odd that MM used 4 eggs per batch of meatballs. I would never have done that but will try one day when I think of making meatballs. don't know if you watched this one but I tivo'd it just to make sure I could write the recipe down as BF made over it, never dawned on me I'd be able to get the recipe from here.

i just saw that episode of throwdown recently, lefse. the "lawn guyland" italian accents were pretty funny.

i used to add 3 large eggs to my meatballs, but now i go with 1 jumbo per pound. dw swears that 2 eggwhites are better when using ground turkey.

the "maroni" sauce is pretty close to the basic garlc and basil sauce i made last night. umm, with a lot less olive oil, though.
too much olive oil makes you talk funny. :chef:

Cooper's mom, that looks great.
Is that a cold dish? It looks like a really good pasta salad, but I can't tell. Either way, really nice looking plate.

I just had burgers and a dog. With a little raviloli.

Back
Top Bottom