Dinner, Monday July 7th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm all set early today!!!
I'm going to grill some burgers, and make a pasta salad with acini di pepe and roasted peppers. I think I have some broccoli I need to use too.... maybe I will throw it on the grill and see what happens. :chef:
How about you?

It is a special dinner tonight, my Aunt is turning 70 and we are having them and my mother and her husband over for dinner. I am making scallops au gratin over english muffins, tomato pudding and grilled romaine ceaser salad, for dessert lemon cake parfaits with mango sorbet, fresh mango and strawberry coulis. Hope they like it.

Making an egg scramble with my leftover steak, potatoes, portobellas and onions, toast, watermelon and cantaloupe - easy - peasy !!

Leftovers from last nights BBQ, although as of now the ribs are all gone as are all the cheeseburgers. Down to brats but still plenty of salads and corn on the cob and watermelon.

Salad with mixed baby greens, avocado, blue cheese, heirloom tomatoes and maybe a few dried cranberries.

Leftovers...cornish hen, taters (2 kinds), cooked carrots, mac n cheese corn casserole, hot dogs....microwave only since my car thermometer said 100* on the way home from work!

Deep-dish pizza (black olives, spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese)

Hard to believe I made myself something tonight....but hanging out at the gym for a couple of hours an evening makes me come home starving. Those t-bones I cooked on Saturday evening were huge...and one of them still had plenty o'meat on them bones..

So, I made a cheese steak sandwich on a great, crusty italian roll with some of the sauteed mushrooms that were also left over. Threw on a couple of vinegary hot peppers, for good measure. Had that with a bit of potato salad dressed with truffle oil and orange balsamic.

Would you believe I had a sugar free jello for dessert??:wacko:

We had chicken piccata with angel hair pasta, broccoli and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Barb

pds - I'm making tacos too. It's a good night for guac and beer!

But, I REALLY want to go to jet's house for that delicious pizza!

Dinner tonight July 7 is supposed to be Zucchini Spaghetti but I made use of what was in my fridge and added Romaine lettuce, carrots and leftover chicken barbeque from last night's dinner.

img_641540_0_9dd40cd18b894c4817a6553e1ac27a4d.jpg

We had vegetable lo mein with mushrooms, grated carrot, ginger, garlic, scallions, etc. Steamed snow peas on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom