"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
oh yummy!! are there 'shrooms in there? i also use montreal seasoning, i grind it in fp so it spreads more evenly, without "hot spots".
No, there are no shrooms. LOL! They had some with shrooms, though. There is just beef, bell peppers and red onion.

I love the "hot spots," even though Mark doesn't.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Tonight i made beef eye round with lettace & tomatos with baco-s & french dressing.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #23
Senior Cook

I cooked my heart out today and was so excited to upload my picture of my dish check it out, Pan roasted canos fish, commonly known as milkfish. Served atop sauteed shiitake mushrooms and baby bok choy, topped off with a herb citrus beurre blanc.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleyard14 View Post
I cooked my heart out today and was so excited to upload my picture of my dish check it out, Pan roasted canos fish, commonly known as milkfish. Served atop sauteed shiitake mushrooms and baby bok choy, topped off with a herb citrus beurre blanc.
LOOKS SO ELEGANT!! btw i love white china dishes. but in my house they wouldn't last long. thats why i use correll.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 AM   #25
Senior Cook

Thanks m! It took my about 5 minutes to finally be happy with the plating. I know I have normal plates for around the house but when I take pictures for my portfolio I use one of the 20 different plates I have all of them white and shaped differently. I think I have a white plate obsession
Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #26
Sous Chef

Quote:
yummy!!

just curious did you use my recipe? because i make mine that way.
It was definitely your idea. As for the recipe, I just kind-of made it up as I went.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
well the chili got voted down BUT i am making it later. it tastes better the second day any way.

this is what we had instead:
french toast (bread dipped in eggs, milk and vanilla), topped with strawberry preserves, sour cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.

I never commented on your french toast. That looks soooo good! I love the strawberry preserves on top!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It was definitely your idea. As for the recipe, I just kind-of made it up as I went.
thank you for the reply. the 3 go soooooo good together. i usually use frozen spinach but when i use fresh i saute them.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I never commented on your french toast. That looks soooo good! I love the strawberry preserves on top!
thank you vb. and the sour cream is a nice balance to the sweetness. i got the idea from the buttermilk pancake haven LOL
Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleyard14 View Post
That is a great photo! What does milkfish taste like.... from the name, I would assume it's mild in flavor? Your presentation is wonderful. I love it that you included mushrooms!