Dinner Monday, June 15, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am making a big top of chili and pot of rice to serve it over. shredded cheddar, sour cream and scalions as toppers for the family.

i like it topped with nothing or sometimes i put grated R & P cheese on top (my mom would do that when i was a kid because as an italian we always have blocks of R & P in the house)

what are you having?

btw i just quit smoking.

ground turkey with garlic, salt, pepper & worcestershire; salad with lite catalina, french-cut green beans with salt, pepper, & worchestershire, & diet cottage cheese. dessert was a lightly salted rice cake with sugarless strawberry jelly.

ground turkey with garlic, salt, pepper & worcestershire; salad with lite catalina, french-cut green beans with salt, pepper, & worchestershire, & diet cottage cheese. dessert was a lightly salted rice cake with sugarless strawberry jelly.
you had dinner already? it's only 3:17pm here. hmmmm didn't french cut beans get you in a pickle several days ago? LOL

( i have pickles on my mind)

you had dinner already? it's only 3:17pm here. hmmmm didn't french cut beans get you in a pickle several days ago? LOL

( i have pickles on my mind)

:ROFLMAO:
yeah, i wake at 4:30 for school, so i tuck in early & dine early. my sleep meds work better if my stomach's not full, too.

yeah, it's pretty early! i chose that schedule, though. it's great cause school's over by 10:45! :) used to be 9:30!

well the chili got voted down BUT i am making it later. it tastes better the second day any way.

this is what we had instead:
french toast (bread dipped in eggs, milk and vanilla), topped with strawberry preserves, sour cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.

img_829364_0_e5c5acee2401a1c430967a826ca6003d.jpg

dh and kids are having grilled chicken ranch sandwiches (ds is doing the grilling). I am going ~crazy~ w/cream of chicken soup and maybe some applesauce. Maybe later I'll have another ensure milkshake, unlike you luvs, I'm not all that nuts about em, but they do their job. Much better with ice cream and milk though, not nearly so sweet.

Well, I wanted to make steamed shrimp with potatos and onions but then I remembered it was "mom-mom monday". Dear GF keeps the grandchildren overnight. Sooo, I figured hotdogs, hamburgers and french fries. Nope, got out voted. Sooooo, I ordered take out pizza as per the powers that be:LOL:.
Not only that, but I ordered it online!

Well, I wanted to make steamed shrimp with potatos and onions but then I remembered it was "mom-mom monday". Dear GF keeps the grandchildren overnight. Sooo, I figured hotdogs, hamburgers and french fries. Nope, got out voted. Sooooo, I ordered take out pizza as per the powers that be:LOL:.
Not only that, but I ordered it online!
i ordered domino's pizza, well actually those pasta bread bowls, one for each of us, online once. i was very impressed at the status bar - it tells you who the cook is and the progress - preparing, in oven etc. then when it leaves to be delivered and approx time to door and the delivery persons name. it was spooky because just as i went back to check it said will arrive at your door in 1 minute AS we heard the knock!! only thing was they got MY order all wrong but that was ok i ate what i wanted and hub ate the rest.

Baked mac'n'cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, and sautéed spinach and potatoes with bacon.

Attachments

• Photo_061509_001.jpg
    Photo_061509_001.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 199
Baked mac'n'cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, and sautéed spinach and potatoes with bacon.
yummy!!

just curious did you use my recipe? because i make mine that way.

used left over roasted chicken for a curried chicken salad, had baguette, cheeses, fruit and tomato soup.

I purchased some already prepared beef kababs, due to the fact I had to more shopping to do. I seasoned Mark's with a little salt and garlic powder. Mine had Montreal Steak Seasoning. He thinks that is too spicy. I baked them in the oven @ 375 for about 45 minutes. Along side, I had buttered, seasoned wheat egg noodles.
Here is a pic.
img_829450_0_dfff761f88aeb9bfa437cebc8c36ed85.jpg

I purchased some already prepared beef kababs, due to the fact I had to more shopping to do. I seasoned Mark's with a little salt and garlic powder. Mine had Montreal Steak Seasoning. He thinks that is too spicy. I baked them in the oven @ 375 for about 45 minutes. Along side, I had buttered, seasoned wheat egg noodles.
Here is a pic.
img_829452_0_dfff761f88aeb9bfa437cebc8c36ed85.jpg

oh yummy!! are there 'shrooms in there? i also use montreal seasoning, i grind it in fp so it spreads more evenly, without "hot spots".

Back
Top Bottom