Dinner, Monday June 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh my stars, that must have hurt like crazy! yowza ! I go barefoot in the house. :ermm: hubby tells me I should have worn shoes , well duh... my shoes would not have protected my foot if the top of shoe is soft. :huh:
yeah. my sneakers or my boots woulda probably prevented my weeks in a cast. i got so tired of that cast jake & my brother sawed it away. my doc flipped his lid & threw me into another cast with red, white & blue stripes with white stars. & i got yelled at fer not bringing my crutches.

Last edited:
Yesterday I made a huge lemon chicken salad, potato salad, and a pasta salad with zuchini, roasted red peppers, and blakc olives. So tonight is will be greens with salads ontop and maybe mozzerlla and basil paninis.

Paul's bringing leftover boxed lunches home from work. No cooking tonight.

Last edited:
Copper River King Salmon, my peanut butter carrots recipe (w/ almond butter) and grilled cheese (oak-smoked cheddar on Texas toast).

French dip and au jus, lots of sliced icy cold melon, sliced tomatoes and red onion and brownies from yesterday with vanilla ice cream...
Had Cade over night last night and old goofy got up and ran into a stool so to of the toes on my lest foot are a gorgeous shade of blue and purple:LOL:

kadesma

my gosh that sounds wonderful. priced both when shopping on line. way way to expensive for my budget.

so panko crumbed chicken, vegs, salad, rice i think.

no dessert, to hot to make it.

babe:chef:
It would be too expensive for me too but I got them when I was at the coast last week, froze them, and brought them back home with me. Both the shrimp and the scallops were $6.99/lb there, which is still expensive but better than here.

Man, it's a rough week for toes! I dropped a cast iron frying pan on my big toe one time and had to shove that foot into a high heel for work. Man, I'm sure I must have had such a look on my face all night!

My kitchen is closed tonight! You all enjoy your fabulous meals and should we start wearing steel-toed boots to cook in???

Last edited:
We had a choice of barbecued pork, Italian subs, ham & cheese subs, roast beef subs, potato salad, ramen noodle salad, wings and I'm sure I've missed something. It was all left over from the grad party yesterday. I did send some home with my dd. Ds had to work tonight so he'll eat there. Dh and I have just been nibbling all day. lol

Barb

I changed gears 1/2 way through the day.
Ended up with the tandoori chicken and the yogurt lime sauce still, the garlic noodles still, the NYT bread too, but omitted the veggies and dessert and went with waldork apple salad instead, was a nice twist. Plus the dr. tells my husband to have more fruit, so I sneaked it in.......
In a while, I'm going to post how I did the noodles. I found so many recipes that the one I posted the link for up top wasn't what I ended up using. So good............

change of plans...
A friend came into town by suprise from SanDiego so 3 of us met for coffee about 4:30.....
I chatted WAY too long, didn't get home til 8, so DH made sketti (his own sauce I better try it before he gets upset) for the kids and I had a large iced vanilla latte!!

after working the midnight shift, i went home, took a nap, then got out to do some much needed yard work. so while i cut the lawn and weeded the garden, dw asked me what different things she could make with bone-in chicken thighs.

we collaborated on a method, and she came up with the best one pot chicken and rice dishes that i've ever had.
after the bed and bathtime ritual, i had to go get water and do some food shopping. i didn't get to eat it until around 11 last night, but it was worth the wait. the rice and veggies were perfectly cooked; the chicken was moist and falling off the bone; and she didn't add any extra salt, so it was perfectly seasoned for me.

i hope she wrote down the recipe.

dw asked me what different things she could make with bone-in chicken thighs. she came up with the best one pot chicken and rice dishes that I've ever had. I hope she wrote down the recipe.
That completely sounds like a me meal. I love chicken and rice and bone in especially is the kicker for flavorful meals. Just watched a Bobby Flayvor throwdown about a puerto rican man who opened a restaurant in Manhattan somewhere and it's called Arroz con pollo or however you say it. Anyway, I told dh I'd be going there until I saw that he uses beer:ohmy: in his recipe, so it's not for me, highly allergic:huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom