Dinner, Monday June 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, I have been fortunate to have the last few nights off from cooking. It is very hot here, though that is not a complaint, it is better than the constant rain we were having!

I have decided to do a cold meal and since I have been up several hours I put a ham in to bake before it gets too hot out, boiled some eggs and pasta and made some buns. Now all the cooking is done and I will just have to slice the cold meat, make the salads and everyone can just dig in!

What are you making today?

Still recovering from our big party on Saturday so my daughter and I will be having leftover roast beef with lots of au jus and beautiful red and green peppers on soft buns. I have a little bit of rice and beans leftover too - yummm......... my three and a half year old will have his usual - chicken nuggest or bagel bites.

Still recovering from our big party on Saturday so my daughter and I will be having leftover roast beef with lots of au jus and beautiful red and green peppers on soft buns. I have a little bit of rice and beans leftover too - yummm......... my three and a half year old will have his usual - chicken nuggest or bagel bites.
{{{MM}}}
^^^so good to see you here today my friend...
I made this
yesterday and it's been marrying since.
so with it will go garlic noodles.
roasted brussels/onions/carrots/broccoli in the oven with evoo.
NYT bread that I did very simple today, nothing added extra to it.
I'll grab some buckytoms/thai purple basil from the back yard and the balsamic aged stuff and will drizzle.
dessert = carrot/zucchini cupcakes with sour cream/cream cheese frosting

y'all have a great and Happy Monday!

footnote, the NYT bread is rising nicely and smells so fragrant

Last edited:
I am cooking something quick and simple tonight with the ingredients I have in my freezer and in my cupboard. (Can't be bothered going out food shopping today)
It is STEAK MINCE cooked in little olive oil with onion, tomatoes, mix peppers, mushrooms, fresh parsley and finely crack an egg on top just before serving.

since I hurt two toes and can't hardly stand and walk , and don't know if I can cook by dinner time so.. hubby will have to grill burgers or hot dogs for himself and his friend who is visiting for a week.

Last edited:
I have some eggs and taters to use up before I shop tomorrow and small amounts of misc cooked meats in the freezer, I think I will make a frittata.

Sorry about your toes LadyCook61. Yes let the man cook tonight and you enjoy relaxing time ME TIME!!!

Porridge.

I'm almost existing off porridge right now. i have it ith some fruit purree and sometimes add some cinnamon or numeg of cloves to the porridge. It will be my second porrige meal of the day!

I have some eggs and taters to use up before I shop tomorrow and small amounts of misc cooked meats in the freezer, I think I will make a frittata.
Hi Suzie, I love making fritters and they are so tasty to eat. In Turkish cooking we use aubergines, onions and zucchinis a lot. Enjoy your meal.

since I hurt two toes and can't hardly stand and walk , and don't know if I can cook by dinner time so.. hubby will have to grill burgers or hot dogs for himself and his friend who is visiting for a week.
LadyCook, I feel for you and am sorry that your tootsers are as painful as they are right now.
I don't know if anyone remembers my breaking my big toe and baby toe, same foot, a couple of years back from dropping a 5 pound frozen wet rump roast on my bare foot. It dropped from the freezer to my foot and I was on the garage concrete floor so no cush. I had to work the next day and I have to at least show up for work:( in spike heels. Guess what didn't fit? Guess who had to go to work anyway? Guess who had to try? OMG.................then, exactly one month later, I broke my entire left foot and was outta work for 5 months.
So, like you, unless you've witnessed a foot malady, you have no clue that all your weight goes to your foot being able to balance it. All a persons weight ends up on their feet and when they're hurting, YIKES!

formean-grilled chix chunks, julienne carrot, cremini slices, roughchop english zucc & blanched chopped yellow/orange/redpeppers, quartered strawberry tomatoes, blanched broccoli, feta & & garlic & pesto with rorini. delish!

last summer, i fractured my right food. had to have a cast for eight weeks. what a bummer.

used a walker with a basket on it, but still very hard and painful to do much of anything.

babe

so take take of your self. and stay off of it. :mellow::mellow:

last summer, i fractured my right food. had to have a cast for eight weeks. what a bummer.

used a walker with a basket on it, but still very hard and painful to do much of anything.

babe

so take take of your self. and stay off of it. :mellow::mellow:

I'm trying to stay off my feet. I even sent hubby to the library to return my books for me. ;) no way can I get my shoes on . too painful

LadyCook, I feel for you and am sorry that your tootsers are as painful as they are right now.
I don't know if anyone remembers my breaking my big toe and baby toe, same foot, a couple of years back from dropping a 5 pound frozen wet rump roast on my bare foot. It dropped from the freezer to my foot and I was on the garage concrete floor so no cush. I had to work the next day and I have to at least show up for work:( in spike heels. Guess what didn't fit? Guess who had to go to work anyway? Guess who had to try? OMG.................then, exactly one month later, I broke my entire left foot and was outta work for 5 months.
So, like you, unless you've witnessed a foot malady, you have no clue that all your weight goes to your foot being able to balance it. All a persons weight ends up on their feet and when they're hurting, YIKES!
oh my stars, that must have hurt like crazy! yowza ! I go barefoot in the house. :ermm: hubby tells me I should have worn shoes , well duh... my shoes would not have protected my foot if the top of shoe is soft. :huh:

I'm have a pork chop/steak looking thing that came with the loin I had cut, grilled. And some corn on the cob, grilled. Maybe a cucumber and onion salad, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom