Dinner Monday June 8, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Whats for dinner?

i'm not sure if it will be split pea soup with onions, carrots, potatoes, smoked ham steak and liquid smoke.

OR

lentil soup with carrots, onion and fresh garlic served over rice. which i will turn into pasta, tomato and lentils for another meal.

i'll let you know later.

probably pressure-cooked cabbage soup with my beef stock.
for some reason it feels like a soup day.

btw i have never used a pressure cooker. when i was a kid my mom made THE best chicken and dumplings in a pressure cooker BUT ......... once the little thing on the top shot straight up and lodged in the ceiling and since then i have been a bit intimidated by the beast. LOL

I made a batch of red beans and andouille for RB and rice yesterday. I'm having that for dinner tonight.

It's a first time recipe from Paul Prudhomme so I don't know but assume it will be good.

Got an e-mail from Betty Crocker with a recipe for Chicken Nuggets. I had all the ingredients so I gave that a try. Made cole slaw and grilled some potatoes. It was all yummy.

Grilled Pork.......
Baked Potato Salad.....
Night Rider Beans..........
Some Re-cycled vegetables....
Chocolate Ice Cream.............

img_827324_0_37fe80dcda039ea239a5fb167061b287.gif

Grilled Pork.......
Baked Potato Salad.....
Night Rider Beans..........
Some Re-cycled vegetables....
Chocolate Ice Cream.............
img_827324_1_a6dd037762202a1e3187c9161ebd8e43.gif
what no Bourbon?

what are night rider beans?

i changed my dinner. butter bns., a salad with lemon-pepper tuna & lite catalina, maybe a rice cake if i get hungry for a snack. after i find my pressure cooker lid & thaw my stock, then cabbage soup. :)

guys, aren't ya hungry for dinner tonite?

for some reason it feels like a soup day.

btw i have never used a pressure cooker. when i was a kid my mom made THE best chicken and dumplings in a pressure cooker BUT ......... once the little thing on the top shot straight up and lodged in the ceiling and since then i have been a bit intimidated by the beast. LOL

Turn up your temperature on your air conditioner!!! LOL

I made a french dip sandwich with left over tri-tip. Tomato salad.

I Had a steak dinner, nothing to fancy. Pan roasted striploin (not my first choice haha) with brown butter smashed new potatoes and brown butter sauteed green beans. Enjoy the pic!
n770105639_7141814_5659081.jpg

I Had a steak dinner, nothing to fancy. Pan roasted striploin (not my first choice haha) with brown butter smashed new potatoes and brown butter sauteed green beans. Enjoy the pic!
n770105639_7141814_5659081.jpg
looks great

Spiced up up Chicken Rotel

I decided to Jazz up Chicken Rotel. This is the result and I think it turnned out great. When I play with the recipie some more I will write it up and post.

149md6w.jpg

I put ham, green beans, potatos and onions together and let them simmer on the stove while I cut the lawn.

I put ham, green beans, potatos and onions together and let them simmer on the stove while I cut the lawn.
my Parents love this with bacon, too, sometimes instead of ham, & corn. with ham base.

Back
Top Bottom