Dinner, Monday June 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
Comfort food tonight. Beef tips with gravy over noodles and a mixed salad with cous cous, feta and tomato dressing.

Found a yummy recipe for cornbread that I'd like to try for tonight. I was planning on making chicken mushroom tortellini. Think the cornbread would go with that?

My brothers driving back from Montreal today, so it's Montreal Smoked meat, homemade fries, coleslaw and Kosher dills. Alix, I'd eat cornbread with just about anythign!

LOL! I'd rather have the Montreal smoked meat myself! OK, tortellini, cornbread and salad it is!

I made tzatziki this morning; tonight I'll grill some chicken on the grill pan (too hot to cook outside - the heat index right now is 96 degrees) and make pita sandwiches with chicken, lettuce, tomato (I bought an Ugli tomato this weekend - not on the contaminated list) and tzatziki, along with a Greek salad.

pizza all week here...yesterday I made enough crust dough for 3 pizzas and am working on a quart jar of home canned pizza sauce that I spiked with garlic yesterday. tonight it will be sausage, onions, and green peppers....thinking about a portabello mushroom pizza for tomorrow, with various cheeses...

Steak Salads, cheese bread, and mixed fruit for dessert. Quick and simple. I might make pitcher of iced tea.

Found a yummy recipe for cornbread that I'd like to try for tonight. I was planning on making chicken mushroom tortellini. Think the cornbread would go with that?

Is that a trick question...I thought cornbread goes with anything.;)

I made pan-seared, marinated tuna with fried sweet potatoes.

I was having a really bad pain day (still bad but my spirits are better) and our border eats out on Mondays. DD is still staying at the hospital with her fiance and I know her funds are low so the last couple of nights DH and I have taken food up and eaten with them.

DH decided to take over for me and made all the taco fixins - meat, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, olives, green onions, sour cream and cheese. He warmed the taco shells and packed everything up like a picnic, even with our plastic picinic dish set. We had to go from the car to the hospital in a huge thunderstorm with belting rain, but we had the most wonderful meal with the kids.

Made cream of potato soup tonight with onion and bacon and cheese in it. Turned out pretty good, none left over!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom