Dinner - Monday March 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got bread dough sitting in the fridge, so will bake a loaf and make a nice hot sandwich and a salad. Today was supposed to be my day off, but my husband isn't feeling well, and our friends have been so good to us that I cannot complain. Happy Birthday to me. No, I am going to stroll down to the local thirst parlor and have a drink or two before I fix dinner! It is a good life!

Hubby took TC out for pizza tonight & to get Savannah some more Pedialyte. I'm nibbling on whatever I can find that doesn't take too much effort, right now, it's an oatmel chocolate chip cookie. I have some perogies inthe freezer & I'm thinking hard about sauteing some of those with some onion, red bell pepper, & garlic.

A very sweet friend brought over some delicous chicken and escarole soup with Italian bread and lemon bars for dessert so Jimmy wouldn't have to worry about cooking dinner when he got home from work. Of course Jimmy nad Dennis had the lemon bars finished before the soup was heated through!!! Hope everyone has an enjoyable dinner tonight!!Love and energy, Vicki

Had baked ham, cheesy rice and peas. I made a cheesecake pudding desert for our prayer group last night and served the leftovers with supper too.

...unfortunately the sweet husband of mine got sick out to dinner Saturday at the restaurant, well not sick then, but said it was coming on, his throat, sinus, body aches, so ate not very much and was very quiet.
dinner didn't occur for either of us last night. He didn't go to work today and didn't want lunch but said he would eat dinner so the shepard pie is in the oven now. It's beef, gravy, pea, carrots, (yea, I decided on the typical) layers of white chedder on top of that, then mashed potatoes. We'll have the bread, well he will, the New York no knead bread with butter and a pepsi and I'll have a salad with water.

Late posting here, but we had baked breaded chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and peas.

YT, I've ruined rice a few time as well, and the pot is never nice afterwards :LOL:

pdswife said:
oh good!!! Are you bringing all the babies too! Please say YES!!!!!:)
Just got back on and missed your post..next time I promise all 4 will be with me:ROFLMAO: :huh: :LOL: ;)

kadesma

Claire said:
"Naughty Corner?" Is that like "sitting in the corner" (when I was a kid), or "time out" (the modern version?), I obviously need to talk to some of my British friends!!!

it`s exactly like sitting the corner as a kid, `cept I was made to Stand (I was so Very Very naughty!).

Last night I tried a new recipe that I adapted from one I found in Eating Well magazine. May sound odd, but it was a quick saute involving bite-size pieces of chicken tenders, broccoli raab, halved cherry tomatoes, feta, garlic, red wine vinegar, & extra virgin olive oil, served over thick slices of garlic Texas toast.

It was absolutely delicious, & I'll definitely be making it again.

Back
Top Bottom