Dinner, Monday May 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Change of plans (again).
I went to the store for ketchup and milk and saw they had Ken's teriyaki marinade on sale, so I'm having wings instead.

My boss gave me some foie gras as a gift. I am going to grab a piece of tenderloin and have it all with a Medeira sauce. No truffles though. Poor me. :pig: May have a few white mushrooms with it and a drizzle of truffle oil for special effect...
....Now I am off for a Maple Walnut ice cream cone. Ice cream shop right accross the street. Is that a good or a bad thing???:pig::glare::glare:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 147
I had some dinner planned but not feeling too hot today so we decided to get Chinese. Some won ton soup, orange chicken and pork fried rice will hit the spot and I'll have leftovers for breakfast :yum:

I love it too, but my daughter is allergic to walnuts dang it. I only have it when I go out.

I love it too, but my daughter is allergic to walnuts dang it. I only have it when I go out.

Alix, I made it without nuts, just maple ice cream, when my grandson expressed an interest in it. Now he doesn't like it again so the nuts are back. It tastes pretty much the same, just no crunchy bits.

Maple walnut and butter pecan are my two all time favorites. I never really thought about making it myself without the nuts. I think I'll give that a go.

Maple walnut and butter pecan are my two all time favorites. I never really thought about making it myself without the nuts. I think I'll give that a go.

It's been a favorite of mine since childhood. It always comes out extra creamy. I think the maple syrup in place of sugar makes a difference.

Tonight is breakfast for dinner - Baked Banana-Stuffed French Toast with strawberries and maple syrup.

Maple walnut, one of my favorite flavors.

I love black walnut ice cream. I make sure I get (a least) one scoop when we're back home - can't find it here.

I made a "spinach" salad without spinach - used romaine instead. Topped with Cardini's caesar dressing. :yum: Also a toasted Italian sub sandwich, but with Vienna bread instead. Am not substituting cranberry juice for my nightly glass of wine though. :LOL:

PrincessFiona, hope you and Shrek had a lovely dinner tonight. Now we need a review of your meals!

Back
Top Bottom