Dinner Monday, May 4th, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is Bugs birthday, her request was beef ribs and panfried potatoes. We also have a Boston Cream Pie for dessert. Can't wait for that.
Tell her happy birthday Alix..Hope her day was wonderful
cj

Leftover pork fried rice I made last night and a pineapple and banana upside down cake.
Actually I just had some cake and will have the rice later (maybe). Couldn't resist!

That sounds intresting. I have never heard of it. Care to share?

I gave Mark some leftover chili over wheat egg noodles.

I'm making a taco salad out of the leftover chili on iceberg lettuce... topped with green onion and cheese.... tortilla chips on the side with ranch dressing.

MusicalFruit, I love that Cowboy Caviar recipe. Thanks for posting it. I am always looking for new dishes to serve in our warm summer weather. And I just happen to have a bag of black-eyed peas in my pantry - NOT easy to find here (but I think Peruano or even black beans could be substituted). For dinner tonight, I put some chicken thighs in the crockpot (skinned, well-browned and seasoned with Tone's Canadian Chicken Seasoning), on top of some potatoes, diced onions and fresh green beans. Poured some chicken broth over it and the smell is driving me crazy. Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Thanks for checking it out! I'm going to be adding a lot of "summer" bean recipes in the next couple months so be sure to stop back in frequently! Tomorrow I will post the Mexican Drunken Beans recipe. Soaking pintos in beer right now for tomorrow's festivities...

crispy fried chicken (i bought A&W BBQ sauce and Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce to dip), mashed red, yukon and white potatoes (butter, sour cream and chives added) and mixed veggies.

I gave Mark some leftover chili over wheat egg noodles.

I'm making a taco salad out of the leftover chili on iceberg lettuce... topped with green onion and cheese.... tortilla chips on the side with ranch dressing.
Here was my dinner.... nothing fancy, but it tasted good.
img_818879_0_aa4b000f7eda93d6510a6cf3b80b52b4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom