Dinner, Monday May 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pacanis, I saw an old episode today of Chef at Large (I don't know if you get Michael Smith's shows in the US) where he was checking out an armed forces training kitchen. They made a potato and leak soup. They steamed fresh spinach, drained it and then seasoned it with lemon juice and butter. They then put a ring mould in the centre of the bowl, filled it with spinach and poured the soup around it. The also put a half a baby potato cut side up (with three chives in it) in the middle of the spinach before removing the mould, for presentation.

There, is that inspiration for your bag of spinach? :rolleyes: Either that or you can invite Popeye over for dinner! :LOL:

I'm just as apt to be Popeye and eat it plain :) That's my favorite way.

No leaks (those are like onions, right?), no chives, no lemon juice, no ring moulds, no baby potatoes (grown up ones though).... you're talking to me here :LOL:.
Thanks for the thoughts, though :flowers:

I'm just as apt to be Popeye and eat it plain :) That's my favorite way.

No leaks (those are like onions, right?), no chives, no lemon juice, no ring moulds, no baby potatoes (grown up ones though).... you're talking to me here :LOL:.
Thanks for the thoughts, though :flowers:

I did figure you for the popeye type but thought I would try. After all, if it is good enough for the Canadian Forces......;)

And thanks for the flowers - at least this kind won't make me have an asthma attack!

Ok Laurie you have me feeling REALLY lazy here! :)
Can I be your next boarder?

Chicken Panang curry. Talk about poor planning, we went out for Thai yesterday and then today DW says she is cooking the chicken so I can make the Panang....oppps two days in a row.

Chicken Panang curry. Talk about poor planning, we went out for Thai yesterday and then today DW says she is cooking the chicken so I can make the Panang....oppps two days in a row.

And what, may I ask is wrong with Thai two days in a row? I think in Thailand you will find they eat it 7! I certainly could have it more often than we do!

JoAnn, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. I woke up early Saturday morning with just a slight sore throat. Should have stayed home but went to garage sales in the rain with my daughter and granddaughter. Well, by the time we got home I knew I was in trouble. Mega sore throat, coughing, the whole bit.:wacko: Finally feeling a little better tonight. Oh, well we did have a good time, got some great things.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom