Dinner Monday Nov. 25, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
What's cooking on the stove today?

I'm makiing quesadillas, have a "new" jar of salsa to try. Made by Chi'Chi's. :LOL: Haven't had Chi-chi's anything in so long, I can't remember what we liked about their restaurants. It was always fun to go there.

I made burgers, beans and chips with dip. Wedding cake for dessert. (Yes, we're still eating cake more than a week later but we're down to two pieces for tomorrow!)

Gotta do something with the leftover ham loaf. I think I'll slice it up and fry it. Hmm. Maybe with an apple on the griddle.

Beer-Can Chicken
39817-albums371-picture5745.jpg

Pooped myself out making supper and stuffed myself eating it. :pig:

Made http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...f-with-juniper-berries-82958.html#post1211562 and served it with mashed potatoes and pickled beets. Perfect cold weather, comfort food. Made an apple pie for dessert. I used this recipe: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/pear-tarte-77329.html#post1096293. I just substituted apple halves for the pear and used cinnamon in the crust. I made the pie dough in the new food processor. That worked out really yummy.

20131125_210404.jpg

First day of real grocery shopping since we got back last Wednesday, so I knew I'd be beat when I got home. First stop was Panera's for two loaves of bread. Had some cod and bay scallops fried at grocery store #1 while I picked up a couple of sale items, then headed to grocery store #2 for the big shop. When I got home I heated the seafood while I baked up some Tater Tots (get them as a treat for Himself about every-other year) and nuked some frozen corn. Finished up the last couple Oreos apiece from the vacation bag. Wow, typing all that out makes it look like a pretty meh meal - except that it was way better than the restaurant food we had a week earlier. :glare:

Back
Top Bottom