"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Lasagna for us tonight, and some garlic bread.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Tonight is shredded chicken tacos with the fixins'. They're shredded chicken on crispy shells with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and monterey jack cheese with spanish rice and Cuban black beans on the side. The beans are almost done, we're eating early, I'm so hungry!

Old 11-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #13
Master Chef

I fixed a big steaming pot of homemade chili. We'll have sandwiches to go along with it. Salami and spicy mustard for me.....Peanut Butter for the others.....still don't get the whole peanut butter and chili thing but to each his own.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Looking like it's left over spaghetti night here.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourgirl
Tonight is shredded chicken tacos with the fixins'. They're shredded chicken on crispy shells with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and monterey jack cheese with spanish rice and Cuban black beans on the side. The beans are almost done, we're eating early, I'm so hungry!
Sounds tasty Flourgirl! I do something similar, I brown the shredded chicken in a skillet then turn down the heat and squeeze lime over it and sprinkle red chile powder over the chicken. I like it really limey and spicey, so I add plenty of both. I also like sliced avocado in my tacos. Yum. Enjoy your dinner!

I have a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. I'm gonna shred it up and make red chile with it. I'll brown the tenderloin, add some flour, a little cumin, garlic and red chile powder, then thin it with some of the pork broth. I'm undecided as of yet what to do with it. Frito pies again, we are big fans here? Maybe enchiladas this time. Don't know but it will be scrumptious.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #16
Head Chef

I am going to make a very large salad with lots of carrots, celery, beets, mushrooms, cut up eggs, bacon bits, and use a creamy dressing that does not have a lot of calories. I may put more things in it but at this point I haven't decided what else appeals to me.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Leftover pork butt, acorn squash, and Brussels sprouts - but I made a grapefruit vinaigrette with some jarred "fresh" red grapefruit I had - it's yummy with the spinach and red onion!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
Porrige. Its REALLY foggy here today and I wanted something quick, warm and not bad for me. Sometimes only porrige will do. My cats are gleefully licking the bowl as i type.
lulu, hope you check this thread again...what's porrige and how do you make it - if you don't mind sharing.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #19
Everymom

Callie, porridge is cooked oatmeal, then you can flavor it with lots of stuff. I sprinkle brown sugar on mine and pour milk in it.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #20
Everymom

Oops. Forgot to post that we had lasagna and caesar salad tonight. I'm rather proud of myself for whipping this up after I got home from work. I was bagged and crabby and I have to admit I felt better after cooking. (The wine probably helped too!)