"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Leftover beef stroganoff. I don't have time to cook tonight since I am making lefse with my mom tonight.

JenMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Buck'll be out tonight, so I'll be raiding the refrigerator. However, I have to keep it gentle because I went to the dentist this afternoon and I've been told to eat softer foods until tomorrow.

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #13
Head Chef
I was going to grill pork chops but then looked up a recipe on here and decided to give it a try. It is cooking now and smells delicious. Add some mashed potatoes, side stuffing, green beans and applesauce.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #14
Head Chef
Thank you Katie E. For some reason I wanted to try the ground turkey taco's she told us about. I did it a little different though. I didn't use a crock pot. I cooked spinache in one pot and cooked up the ground "pork" in a pan. I threw the taco seasoning into the cooked pork pan and water and than added the cooked spinache. I probably could of cooked a little more spinache. I than shredded about 2 carrots and threw that into the pan. Simmered it for a little while.

We eat it inside of the pita bread with sour cream and some salsa that I bought.

I thought it was good. I was surprised to hear my DH rave about it. Sometimes he doesn't rave about things that i'd expect him to rave about. Well he raved about this taco sandwich for sure!!!!!
My Blog
legend_018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Well seeing as I had spaghetti, roast, and ribs still in the fridge it was left-over night
for us.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I had boneless pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and petite peas. James is jealous. He said they had "Possum Stew" at school tonight. LOL I'm sure it was some kind of chicken thing (that is what they had the last time he said they had possum stew). If he had known they were going to have that he could have ordered a salad or a sandwich, but the menu said potato soup and chicken salad sandwiches. Poor guy!

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 PM   #17
Executive Chef
Some of my kids have a cold and we had a cold front blow through last night (yippee - 51 degrees) so we had soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
it was battle of the kitchens in our house tonight. dw went food shopping today, craving shake-n-bake pork chops, to my chagrin. i took the packages of chicken that were about to go bad in the fridge, and off i went.

in the upstairs kitchen, dw made the pork chops, brown rice, and steamed string beans.

in the downstairs kitchen, i made the arroz con pollo that i had planned for last saturday.
i made an aciote oil, in which i "browned" some seasoned chicken thighs and breasts, then set them aside. i tossed in some diced shallots, a load of sliced garlic, some quartered crimini caps, and let it sweat a minute before adding water and rice. brought it to a boil, snuggled the chicken back into the saute, covered tightly and simmered it on low for 30 minutes, until the water was absorbed. i topped it with strips of red bell pepper and parsley.

both dinners were good, and i have a lot of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:10 AM   #19
Head Chef
We have a touch of the flu going around so I made a big batch of chicken noodle soup and served it with garlic bread.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
Master Chef
We had chilled boiled shrimp and spinach, artichoke and cheese dip.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote