Dinner, Monday, Oct. 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had pot roast cooked in the slow cooker all day with potatoes, onions, and carrots. Also had biscuits and made brown gravy with the meat drippings. It was AWESOME!

Last night I made Turkey Cutlets Piccata style with a little twist. I used chopped pickled caper "berries" instead of regular little caper buds. Served with steamed & buttered broccolini.

Last night I made Turkey Cutlets Piccata style with a little twist. I used chopped pickled caper "berries" instead of regular little caper buds. Served with steamed & buttered broccolini.

I thought that was a typo, but I Googled it to be sure. I’ve never heard of broccolini before. It sounds awesome. Where did you find it? Did you have to go to a special market?

Broccolini

Luckily broccolini is carried regularly by a couple of markets around here.

While it's definitely more expensive than regular broccoli, I love it for a change. It's more delicate & sweeter than regular broccoli, & lends itself well to classier presentations than regular broccoli. Cooked whole or sliced/chopped & sauteed - it also stays firmer.

Some markets carry it in their "organic vegetable" area. Others have it in their "gourmet" vegetable area.

Luckily broccolini is carried regularly by a couple of markets around here.

While it's definitely more expensive than regular broccoli, I love it for a change. It's more delicate & sweeter than regular broccoli, & lends itself well to classier presentations than regular broccoli. Cooked whole or sliced/chopped & sauteed - it also stays firmer.

Some markets carry it in their "organic vegetable" area. Others have it in their "gourmet" vegetable area.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try and find it! Sounds wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom