Dinner Monday, Oct. 9.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having Fried Chicken, Red Potatoes & Parmesan Fried Broccoli & Cauliflower w/ Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. I sure wish I had followed through on my thought yesterday of making a pie.

We are having a chicken soup that I fix when in a pinch..I just saute some onion,celery,carrots,garlic in evoo, then add chicken stock, the meat from a roasted chicken,and the pan juices, at the end I add zucchini slices and diced tomatoes and cumin, rice,.Serve it with burritos or tacos, tomight it's tacos and beans, left over devils food cake for dessert

kadesma:)

Amazing324 said:
Kadesma, how about sending some of that devil's food cake my way. That'd top of my meal perfectily.
Eyes open here it come:LOL: I sure wish I could send you some..I'd like nothing better.

kadesma

Its 4.15 pm on the 10th here in NZ so our dinner tonight ( Tuesday) is going to be some leftovers after preparing 250 Meals on Wheels to be frozen.:rolleyes:
Probably the Corned Silverside with mustard sauce made from the cooking liquid, carrot and parsnip mash, cabbage flash fried with a little garlic and heaps of pepper and butter, some boiled new seasons potatos and also some sweet potatos. Afters is definitely going to be a new Ice Cream I bought today. Manuka Honey and Chestnut ribbon.:chef:

Tonight was supposed to be one of my "night off" cooking because Buck usually has his twice-a-month Lions Club meeting. This usually allows me to do whatever I want to eat, popcorn (yes, I know it sounds crazy) or whatever. However, since today was Columbus Day in the U.S., he decided to play hookey and stay home. He closed our shop and we slept in. Sleeping late is good!:clap:

I made a batch of guacamole dip for cocktail time (had a bunch of avocados, red onion, etc. in the 'fridge that needed attention), which we REALLY enjoyed our time out on the porch and then had Mexi leftovers for supper. Buck said it was the best guacamole he'd ever had. Good for me. Yeah! Actually it was a rather nice evening. Playing hookey can be a lot of fun if it's played with the right person.:ROFLMAO:

OK. I bet no-one ever owned up to this on DC: Beans on toast.

(Hangs head in shame and hides in corner)

Well, you aren't far off - Paula Deen made a sandwich out of fried bean cakes and I think someone here said they'd had it. I like beans and I like sandwiches - just not as one.

My Mom used to make thick northern bean soup, and serve it over bread, sprinkle a little vinegar, salt, pepper ad chopped swt. onions . We loved it, and still do ------ 50 yrs. later !! lol

Last edited:
I've known this to be a UK comfort food for ages. Not to my taste, but don't hang your head, Snoop. We all have days when we want our snuggly dishes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom