Dinner Monday, October 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
October already?!?!?!:ohmy:

I'm using up some leftover veggies--tomatoes, broccoli and spinach--and making a veggie pizza for dd and me. DH won't be home until after his physical therapy so I'll heat up some leftovers from the weekend for him.

I had planned pork chops for tonight. May have to take Keltin's idea and add mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas!!! Served with hot potato scones and butter!

We are having.. oven baked boneless pork chops,stewed potatoes,collards,pinto beans,fried corn bread and i'm making my frozen mousse pie for dessert ...

Everything sounds really good so far (well, maybe not the collards). I have a small pork loin roast and some sweet potatoes, maybe green beans. I like the cornbread idea, too. If I can find my glazed apple recipe, I will make that too.

lightly sauteed white fish of some kind, tartar sauce, steamed spinach, mashed pots and more of the lemon pound cake from last night with vanilla ice cream, iced t for me, ww for him

Will be grilling chipolte pepper marinaded chicken breasts, and veggie kabobs (potatoes, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, onion).

Leftover chinese for Ken and I. Not sure what the girls will get. Maybe grilled cheese. Definitely a "clean out the fridge" night. Now I'm craving biscuits though. I've been reading threads about biscuits and someone just mentioned scones so now I'm in the mood! Would it be too weird to have hot biscuits with leftovers? LOL!

Lazy as in I am cooking the meat, veggiest and topping them with store bought prepared mashed potatoes then not baking it. Just plopping the potatoes over each serving.

Leftover risotto (shallots, asparagus, mushrooms, peas, parmesan, boursin, flat-leaf parsley) and I'll be fixing some squash, zucchini, and baby eggplant to go with it tonight.

We're having fried grouper sandwiches, from the fish Kim brought home from Florida. I don't think we need anything else, unless I toss some thinly sliced onion rings in a paper bag of seasoned flour, and toss them in the fish grease for a few minutes. I'll serve dill pickles on the side. I wish we had a little slaw, but I don't have the makings, and DH doesn't like it anyway.

I know we're very plebian, but we do like catsup on our fish sandwiches.

tonight it's a mismatch of things...

there will be steamed cauliflower, curried tofu with veggies and chuteny, and pasta with mushroom sauce we may also fry up some parathas that we have in the freezer.

Went to Target at lunch for some odds and ends, and as usual, I couldn’t keep myself from walking by the meat counter. Wow! They had a sale on babyback ribs: 2.99/lb. I thought about them all day and then went by Target after work and picked up two slabs. Then there is the thread here on roasting potatoes that gave me the idea for the sides.

So, grilled babyback ribs (direct over medium-low coals), “shake-and-bake” potatoes, and baked beans.

Ubersimple Tuna Salad here. My DH is working tonight and wont be home until 7am so I'll probably make him a pepperoni & cheese roll to have when he gets home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom