Dinner Monday, October 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Afternoon, kids are quiet for a minute and I got things started for dinner.
Tonight, a meat mix of ground pork and ground chuck,with added onions,garlic,parsley, some red and yellow bellpepper bruschetta topping, worcestershire,ketchup, bread soaked in milk then crumbled,salt,pepper,and shaped for meatloaf...We had some extra garlic mashed potatoes from yesterday so those will be re-heated:) sliced tomatoes,avocado,with sliced mozzarella and crumbled gorgonzola,topped with basil, vinegar and evoo..our last eggplant, sliced and breaded and fried, and some leftover cake and strawberries for dessert.

kadesma:)

I am making Katie E's recipe for crockpot potroast. It smells great in here. I am going to add mashed pot and roasted carrots. Also blueberry cake for dessert

Linguini with carmelized onions, bacon, and olives...and some steamed broccoli.

We had pork butt steaks w/ grill seasoning, baked yellow squash, and sweet potato oven fries for me and daughter, mashed potatoes for hubby and son and biscuits.

elaine l said:
I am making Katie E's recipe for crockpot potroast. It smells great in here. I am going to add mashed pot and roasted carrots. Also blueberry cake for dessert

where is it posted? recipe please..............thanks....
about our dinner, still not sure, maybe oversized huge baked pots with all the trimmings inside of course.............salad and garlic bread maybe..........and Salty Dogs for our beverage.........

Ham on Saturday, ham on Sunday, ham salad today - I can assure you no HAM tomorrow (except one last ham salad sandwich for lunch)!!!!!!!

I took out pork chops to grill but it began to rain. Unfortunately, I forgot about these pork chops and when I remembered they were beyond "room temperture". Better safe than sorry - I tossed them (ssshh, don't tell DH he will yell at me again). Luckily, I had a pork tenderloin in the fridge so I made pork tenderloin with baby carrots and mushrooms in an herb cream sauce served over penne pasta. Know ones knows any better:cool: .

Sounds delicious Michelemarie!

We had French Onion Soup (sans onions for Madeleine) and that pretty much did it for us. Amazing how filling that can be.

I was in the mood for a hamburger so I seasoned them up with some spicy montreal seasoning blend and threw them on the George Forman Grill....I love that thing. Along with it we had baked season fries and homemade skillet beans (aka Baked Beans).

i did a fridge search, and after finding 3 packages of ground turkey meat (threw 1 away :mad: , froze 1 :( ), i made an awesome garden style meatloaf with the third package.

i diced a red onion, a clove of garlic, green/yellow/red baby bell peppers and zucchini from the garden, and softened it all in light olive oil. this was coooled then mixed into 1 1/3 lbs of ground turkey, 2 cubed slices of 15 grain whole wheat bread, a can of tomato paste, and a pinch each of oregano, rosemary, basil, and parsley. i wanted to add a coupla eggs as a binder, but we were out so i just went with it as is.

i oiled a glass baking dish, formed the loaf and drizzled it with evoo and s&p, and baked it at 375 for 40 minutes.

just before i took it out, i melted a few hockey pucks of french goat cheese on top.

man, it was good. dw made white rice and sauteed french stringbeans as sides.

Hubby & the kids did oven fried pork chops, sliced baby potatoes cooked in lots of butter, sliced carrots, also cooked in lots of butter (just the way I like both of them), & he made brownies topped with Twix ice cream & caramel sauce for dessert.:)

Back
Top Bottom