Dinner, Monday Sept 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, I didn't get a chance to think about it at work....
it's 4:30 I better figure out somethin' before the natives get restless....

grilled cheese & tomato soup?

Meatloaf and alfredo noodles per #1 son's request. Salads using the veggies from the farmers market over the weekend.

Picked up a roasted duck yesterday, while visiting a new HUGE Asian market w a friend. (Had them cut the head off for me :ohmy: & wrap it up.) Will have it sliced on scallion pancakes. They come in a package similar to flour tortillas, but smaller & fluffier looking. Also p/u their pork buns and crab shumai (sp). Going to stir-fry some veggies to go with.

Still have a leftover combo (p/u from same market - they have a section in the market where they cook up to-go dishes -- a garlicky eggplant dish, glass/cellophane noodle with bok choy & fried rice.

There were so many things I'd like to go back & get next time. There were several huge tanks with live fresh seafood, & lots of crabs walking around LOL. Watched a couple try to get the live crab in a zip-lock bag. My friend p/u Talapia w an interesting looking sauce. Mentioned their huge eggplants, saw the long beans (but was skeptical, as they had dark spots?). Their ginormous frozen crab legs, beautiful produce (mini watermelons), & seafood all looked delish. It was a really fun Sunday afternoon. If you have an Asian market in your neck of the woods, do take a look-see, & a large shopping cart. ;)

some kind of leftovers with london broil ..
thinking steak subs .. and a pasta salad ...

PH2007041300761.jpg
Sandwhiches on italian bread with turkey or pastrami, home made sweet vinegar cole slaw, fries, provolone and home grown tomatoes all stacked up on the bread!

Yahoooooooooo! It's a brand new day and we are starting off yet another fabulous work week... some may be ending theirs!!! What is on the menu for tonight?

I'm thinking something like french toast or pancakes.... breakfast for dinner sounds good!

French toast always sounds like a good idea!

Tonight I made a salad of field greens, chopped almonds, gorgonzola & dried cherries with a vinaigrette, and rigatoni with a pear, almond & Romano sauce.

We had breakfast too! Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and toast with butter!

I had a perfectly awful frozen entree from Trader Joes. Normally I love TJ's products but their shepherds pie, oy, not so much. It was soupy and not tasty. Had to settle for some cadbury chocolates instead.

I made a speedy Chicken Pot Pie. I just use grands biscuits on top as the crust and take Cream of Chicken soup and mix it with whatever mixed veggies I have frozen and of course cooked chicken. My kids enjoy it :)

My first meal that was not out of a hospital catering company - chicken strips and fries....couldn't eat much but it sure tasted good!

French toast always sounds like a good idea!

Tonight I made a salad of field greens, chopped almonds, gorgonzola & dried cherries with a vinaigrette, and rigatoni with a pear, almond & Romano sauce.

And it was! I stood by my choice. Used cinnamon swirled bread dipped in a mixture of condensed milk/egg/vanilla/ and sugar. Some crispy bacon and we were good to go. That was probably a 10 million calorie meal!!!

Back
Top Bottom