Dinner, Monday Sept 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Yahoooooooooo! It's a brand new day and we are starting off yet another fabulous work week... some may be ending theirs!!! What is on the menu for tonight?

I'm thinking something like french toast or pancakes.... breakfast for dinner sounds good!

Another rainy day in Cape Town so I'm making Manhatten Clam Chowder - wanted to make New England Clam Chowder but feel too guilty eating something with such a lot of cream in on a Monday:angel:

Got busy this weekend so I never got around to making the pasta sauce that I mentioned.
I'm going to do it tonight.

I'll be having those chicken thighs I didn't cook last night. Probably pan fried.

Same with me, I'll have the chicken couldnt have last night!

Plus have plenty of time to cook it since we are home with a sick day today....little one gave my feet a shower last night...
:sick:

Sorry should I have not posted that here!!:ermm::LOL:

it's gonna be, clean out the refrigerator. I have two containers of pizza sauce, and some ricotta cheese that will be made into dinner tonight. I need to clear out the frig and in a few days come up with a large casserole to tide dh over until I return next Tuesday. now, what will that casserole be?:huh:

it's gonna be, clean out the refrigerator. I have two containers of pizza sauce, and some ricotta cheese that will be made into dinner tonight. I need to clear out the frig and in a few days come up with a large casserole to tide dh over until I return next Tuesday. now, what will that casserole be?:huh:

That Lazy Golumpki recipe that Dave posted a week ago looked good :)

Do I ever need ideas on what to do with ricotta cheese besides eat it out of the container!

Taking some left over tri tip and adding sauteed mushrooms, onions,garlic , to some brown gravy this will go over rice,or mashed garlic potatoes, some asparagus, green salad, with apples, avocado, tomato and toasted walnuts, homemade bread and butter and the pumpkin pie my Cade asked for, with whipped cream please Ma:LOL:
kadesma

i'm cooking pork tenderloin, & if it's like my last roast, it'll be shredded& slathed with barbeque sauce. a crunchy veggie, maybe al dente haricots, & some au gratin potatoes.

sattie, you could make pizza with dallops of ricotta after it's almost cooked, put it on bagels or taost, make eggplant parm, lasasna, add a dallop to a plate of sketti...

sattie,

mix it with spinach and use it as a filling for raviolies or stuff it in chicken.

make it into canoli cream

do what luvs said (smeo f my favorites)

I am going to make chicken with gravy (been craving something with gravy) and veg. Oh and mashed potatoes.

My comfy food - Breakfast ! Will be having, lil smokies. hash browns, eggs over easy and toast. Don't get this very often - yum !

Do I ever need ideas on what to do with ricotta cheese besides eat it out of the container!

I season it and use it in a variety of ways. I made an onion relish and mix the two together for sandwich filling, do the same thing with pesto. Mix in taco seasoning with ricotta and pig out:pig:. mix in horseradish and a bit of yogurt for a dip..

I season it and use it in a variety of ways. I made an onion relish and mix the two together for sandwich filling, do the same thing with pesto. Mix in taco seasoning with ricotta and pig out:pig:. mix in horseradish and a bit of yogurt for a dip..

Ooooohh.. that sounds good, taco seasoning and ricotta. I bought some 'good' stuff and it has been sitting in my fridge for close to a month now. May try it as a dip since I can't think of anything to cook with it except lasanga. DH is not much for cheese filled stuff. Has to have meat.

Thanks for the great ideas....

Back
Top Bottom