Dinner, Monday the 18th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had roast chicken for lunch yesterday, so I'm having cock a leekie soup with home made granary bread.

Leftovers for us also. Altho, I have a huge braiser pan of stock 'brewing' in the oven overnite, so will have to start thinking some soups...soon!!

I'm grilling pork chops and will glaze them with a mixture of balsamic vinegar, vanilla and honey. I'll probably make peas and sweet potatoes as sides.

Black beans and rice (chili peppers, cilantro, lime, chicken, homemade salsa and sour cream, probably some cheese too).

Pork chops with a shallot/port wine reduction. Applesauce (next to the last jar from last season, but more good apples are coming!). Something with rice, not sure yet. Corn on the cob--close to the last for this season. :unhappy:

I'm making pork tenderloins, with rosemary,garlic, evoo,salt and pepper, but plan to baste them with some honey and lemon, will have roasted red potatoes,some artichokes, I'm trying something new for us, I've trimmed of the stickers and soaked them in lemon water, I'm mixing evoo, salt, pepper, and finely minced parsley and garlic,chopped pine nuts, and am going to spoon this down into each of the leaves, wrap them in foil and grill them till done. A fruit salad of apples, carrots,celery, pineapple...rolls and cookies and ice cream for dessert.
kadesma:)

Lefselover - have you cleared your pm's? I have been trying to pm you!

We are having grilled chicken breasts with mango salsa doctored with fresh tomatoes and avocado on a top lettuce with ranch dressing and tortilla strips. Also, maybe grilled quesadilla's if I get the nerve up to try it.

I made a large meat loaf yesterday so I think I will warm it up and have it for dinner. I will make a nice salad and have my dinner with a glass of wine. As for dessert I will skip it because I am trying to lose some weight.

All of you enjoy your dinners.

Jill and Jolie

VeraBlue said:
I'm close to Teterboro airport and Giant's Stadium! I'll go wash up now...:LOL:

Maybe you could send one of those helicopters they seem to keep in such abundance at Teterboro to the other side of the state--I'm only 12 miles from PA. Meanwhile, I'll finish the sauce and have a glass of wine while I figure a way to keep it all warm! :D

Something with sugar snap peas and mushrooms - I think I'm in the mood for Chinese food with some fried rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom