Dinner Monday the 1st of June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO and I we out and about today. We stopped and ate lunch at Wegmans and shopped a bit. Then we stopped elsewhere for some fish. SO bought haddock and I got a filet of salmon.

I'll bake the haddock for SO and pan fry the salmon for me and make a salad for both of us.

What's going to be on your table?

Last edited:
We'll be having last night's skipped meal of roast pork tenderloin with a Rainier cherry sauce, probably roast potatoes and maybe broccoli. I'm sure it will be MUCH better than last night's dinner.

Last edited:
It is cool here so I pulled a couple of thick pork chops out of the freezer this morning. I will use them to make a version of Rock's pork tenderloin with mushrooms and cream. I have some frozen spinach or whole green beans that I can dress up for a side.

Had what I call a cupboard meal (one that required no shopping) - vermicelli with tuna (canned), some butter and peas (frozen).

Had goulash for supper, with some green onions out of our garden. They sure taste better then the tasteless ones you buy in the grocery stories.

Soup. It got to a "high" of 52 degrees today - my nose is about to fall off! Good thing I had a quart of creamy chicken rice and two quarts of Brunswick stew in the freezer. We'll be having soup until it's gone. Hopefully we're back into the 70s by then.

Popcorn and rhubarb sauce. DH is tennising again tonight.

Everyone is eating at different times tonight. I had to stop for milk so picked up some chicken from the deli. One box of baked savory and one of BBQ. Added macaroni salad and strawberries with chocolate pudding cake and whipped cream.

Rounded up two of my kids and went to see my mother in the hospital. Stopped and got some supermarket burger patties and buns and went to my mothers place in the same town and had a bbq before all heading in our own directions.......trying times...

We had roast rosemary and garlic chicken, steamed baby red potatoes, buttered peas, and biscuits. Strawberry ice cream for dessert.

I didn't cook anything on the new stove I got late this afternoon via my landlord. What a difference 35 years makes in a stove. The old one is from 1979. The oven thermostat was shot, so the oven temps were off by 50F. Check out those fat burner coils! They also took long to get red hot.
I requested coil top burners because I heard that glass tops don't do well with cast iron pans.
P.S. I posted about it in this thread because I didn't want to make a big deal about it with a separate post.

1979_stove.jpg

2015_stove.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't cook anything on the new stove I got late this afternoon via my landlord. What a difference 35 years makes in a stove. The old one is from 1979. The oven thermostat was shot, so the oven temps were off by 50F. Check out those fat burner coils! They also took long to get red hot.
I requested coil top burners because I heard that glass tops don't do well with cast iron pans.
P.S. I posted about it in this thread because I didn't want to make a big deal about it with a separate post.

1979_stove.jpg

2015_stove.jpg

Whoohoo! Congrats on the new stove, Caslon!

Now you MUST use it and tell us what you make!

Our pork tenderloin with cherry sauce was great! Rubbed it with a mix of S and P, cumin, couple pinches of cinnamon, sautéed, then roasted at 425. Took out the roast to rest, then added cherries and sweet onions to pan, baked them for a few, back onto stovetop and added a touch of brown sugar, chicken stock and balsamic vinegar, cooked down to a syrup and served with the roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom