Dinner Nov. 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
A 7 month experiment came to fruition tonight. For the first time ever, I grew spaghetti squash. Plopped a 4 pound baby in the oven and cooked it up. Served it just like pasta and spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Was very tasty.

What did you fix?

Was marketing day today, so I checked the refrigerator for things that needed to be used up and came across a very partial bottle of spicy barbecue sauce, along with a quantity of spicy tomatoes that were part of a chicken dish on Sunday. Just couldn't bring myself to toss out all the spicy tomato goodness.

Defrosted some country-style pork ribs and browned them well. Added the barbecue sauce and the tomato mixture. Covered the pan and set to gently simmer for about an hour. Turned out tasty and tender. Served over curly noodles. Some iced tea and cast iron rolls and butter made a filling meal.

For dessert we had a slice of anniversary cake.

Every year on our anniversary (Halloween) we have the bakery that made our wedding cake make a small one. Sooo good. This bakery is awesome.

You grew your own spaghetti squash, high five! I love that stuff with just butter on it.

Roasted broccoli, leftover cabbage and meat sauce, a half dish of beef bourguignon. Cashews for dessert.

We were up along the coast of Maine today, and had lunch out. Quite filled after that, so it was a simple thin crust cheese pizza for dinner tonight.

A couple days ago, I thawed a couple pork sirloin (I think) chops we had bought at The Pork Center in North Caroline last spring and made Chef John's Smothered Pork Chops. Served them with the onion gravy over mashed redskin potatoes, from our farmers market, with green beans simmered in chicken stock, a little homemade Dijon mustard, and Penzeys Fox Point Seasoning. Delicious :yum:

1101161947b.jpg

We had dinner at Outback tonight with our son, his wife and her parents. The kids closed on their first house today so we were celebrating! I had sirloin steak with shrimp. Very good!

Is it bad that I ordered pizza? My neck was hurting and I have had a heating pad propped on it. Not good for walking around the stove, so...

Looks delish, GG!

Jabbur, congrats to your son on his first house!

Tired this evening, so dinner was pickin's. Grilled cheese sandwich with a couple of need-to-use-up cheeses, celery and carrots with a little ramekin of ranch for dippin', and a deviled egg. :)

Is it bad that I ordered pizza? My neck was hurting and I have had a heating pad propped on it. Not good for walking around the stove, so...

Why would that be bad? We ordered pizza last night. There's no law that says you have to cook from scratch every night.

We went to a favorite semi local cafe for dinner tonight and enjoyed the first half of the baseball on the big screen TV's. Glad the series is alive for at least another night!

SC had shrimp taco's.
I had a delicious burger patty of 60% gr. chuck, and 40% house made chorizo, topped with pepperjack cheese, avocado and sliced tomatoes.
Dang, I'll be doing that at home!

Kayelle, we didn't enjoy the game one bit. Wanted the series to end tonight. *sigh*

We ate at a Texas Roadhouse in Harrisonburg this evening. I had a small stesk, broccoli, a salad, and one of their yummy rolls. Himself had a big, sloppy burger and fries. Lovely waitress gave us four extra rolls and a couple coma inert of their cinnamon honey buyer to go. We're sleeping in a bit and having those for breakfast when we hit the road.

Happy Anniversary to you and Glenn, Katie! ♡

Craig made grilled burgers with caramelized onions, sauteed portabello slices and blue cheese.

Back
Top Bottom