Dinner Nov. 10th, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle, IMO Gin is the only spirit for a real martini, not sure about all these flavored vodka martinis. I guess they have their place (usually in the hand of a " twenty-something" lol! Truth be told, I like my martini a little "dirty" ( with olive juice)

Kayelle, IMO Gin is the only spirit for a real martini, not sure about all these flavored vodka martinis. I guess they have their place (usually in the hand of a " twenty-something" lol! Truth be told, I like my martini a little "dirty" ( with olive juice)

I couldn't agree more Bunny! It's been a while but this afternoon I may just break out all the necessary equipment and toast the day after your birthday! I like mine a little "dirty" too. *clink* :rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more Bunny! It's been a while but this afternoon I may just break out all the necessary equipment and toast the day after your birthday! I like mine a little "dirty" too. *clink* :rolleyes:;)
I like gin martinis too. Last time I ordered one, they made it with vodka even though I had asked for gin. It had next to no flavour. They made me a new one with gin. ;)

I tried the dirty martini. Not nearly as good as I had expected. I like it when a little bit of the brine for the olives gets in my martini, but not a big glop of it. Thins out the martini too much. :rolleyes:

I don't object to the those flavoured vodka martinis. I just think they should be cocktails. A Martini is a specific cocktail. What a lack of imagination to call all of those cocktails martinis. Next they will re-invent the screwdriver (cocktail) and call it an orange juice martini. :rolleyes:

We are having pizza. I have had a very busy day so aside of the biscuits, I am not putting a large effort to dinner tonight. Carl, Tyler, and Lakisha are arriving any minute for another dinner and study hall in my lair and DA will be helping us.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom