Dinner Nov. 10th, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY style Thin Crust Pizza. Being from NJ & NY
39817-albums960-picture5684.jpg
, I'd have to say, this was pretty close.

Made meatloaf and served it with baby potatoes, and steamed, mixed vegis with garlic butter. Comfort food in the gloomy, rainy, cold weather.

I saw a show on America's Test Kitchen last week and I gave it a try on some 3/4" loin pork chops on the grill tonight.

Why this recipe works from America's Test Kitchen:
"To produce juicy, well-charred boneless center-cut loin chops on the grill, we used a two-pronged approach. We brined the chops to improve their ability to hold on to juices during cooking, provide seasoning throughout, and increase their tenderness. To ensure we’d get a substantial browned crust before the interior overcooked, we looked to a unique coating of anchovy paste and honey. The anchovies’ amino acids couple with the fructose from honey to rapidly begin the flavorful Maillard browning reaction."

It sounds weird but We both agreed they were the best pork chops ever! The formula is:

1 1/2 tsp. honey, 1 tsp anchovy paste, 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper, 1 Tbs. veg. oil mixed well and spread on both sides of two thick brined pork chops and then grilled over a hot flame.

We also had grilled fresh pineapple sticks, Spanish Rice and a green salad.

It was a really memorable dinner if I do say so myself. ;):chef:

Last edited:
I have to stand on my tip-toes to get things off the top shelf...

I use the store electric cart. I stand on the platform. Still can't reach the top shelf because they stack cans five or higher. One of these days I am gong to pull out a can from the bottom! :angel:

I saw a show on America's Test Kitchen last week and I gave it a try on some 3/4" loin pork chops on the grill tonight.

Why this recipe works from America's Test Kitchen:
"To produce juicy, well-charred boneless center-cut loin chops on the grill, we used a two-pronged approach. We brined the chops to improve their ability to hold on to juices during cooking, provide seasoning throughout, and increase their tenderness. To ensure we’d get a substantial browned crust before the interior overcooked, we looked to a unique coating of anchovy paste and honey. The anchovies’ amino acids couple with the fructose from honey to rapidly begin the flavorful Maillard browning reaction."

It sounds weird but We both agreed they were the best pork chops ever! The formula is:

1 1/2 tsp. honey, 1 tsp anchovy paste, 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper, 1 Tbs. veg. oil mixed well and spread on both sides of two thick brined pork chops and then grilled over a hot flame.

We also had grilled fresh pineapple sticks, Spanish Rice and a green salad.

It was a really memorable dinner if I do say so myself. ;):chef:

I'm gonna try this! Intriguing, thanks Kayelle!

Just returned from a lovely birthday dinner of Pork Schnitzel Oscar served with red cabbage, garlic mashed and creamed spinach and a dry gin martini. Very nice, sorry forgot to take a pic.

I'm gonna try this! Intriguing, thanks Kayelle!

Intriguing is just the word I was looking for Dawg. I thought it was intriguing too and I love the science so often brought into play on America's Test Kitchen. It's by far my favorite cooking show, and I watch it every Sunday afternoon on PBS. This particular example is a real keeper I'll use often.

It does sound interesting. Does it turn out sweet?

No, it's not sweet at all Taxi, and I know you don't like sweet with savory flavors. Surprisingly it also doesn't have the slightest indication that anchovy paste was in the blend. The perfect grilled marks and crust on the pork chops were just perfect with a juicy interior because of the brine before cooking.

Hope you both give it a try. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom