Dinner Nov. 10th, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
What's everyone having for dinner tonight? I need some inspiration!

I have some fresh okra, fresh corn & creamy butter potatoes that need to be cooked. And I have no idea what to cook with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am making one of our favorite comfort foods....porcupine balls. Porcupine balls are meatballs with rice that are baked in tomato soup. I usually serve them with mashed potatoes and a veggie.

We're still working on leftovers here. Spaghetti, burritos, chili, sloppy joes. I'll pull it all out and folks can grab whatever they want.

SO is prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow so I'm having a pan seared duck breast, rice pilaf made with beef broth and butternut squash.

She's having chicken broth and Jell-O.

I've started another hunk of turkey neck, boiling in the stock from the last batch. Turkey neck stew sounds like dinner.

:LOL: In this Dawg's house, am thinking Cuban black beans and rice.

Hah! I was just thinking of those potatoes while in the grocery store the other day, Whiska. Tis the season for yams.

Katy, what does black beans and beef consist of? Or the black beans is the sauce?
I'm not big on stir-fries, but that's because my repertoire for sauces is nil.

Hah! I was just thinking of those potatoes while in the grocery store the other day, Whiska. Tis the season for yams.

Katy, what does black beans and beef consist of? Or the black beans is the sauce?
I'm not big on stir-fries, but that's because my repertoire for sauces is nil.

I just bought a sachet of black bean sauce to throw onto my stir fry Pac. It's made with fermented soya beans and soy sauce. Quite salty, but not hot. The fillet beef is sliced thinly and very quickly fried (much as you would do for a stroganoff), then removed from the pan. Then you quickly stir fry your vegetables. Add the sauce and the beef back into the pan to warm through and then serve with egg noodles or rice. Very quick and tasty! :)

I wonder if we have those sachets here... Thanks. I need to look into this.
I love everything about stir-frying except coming up with a sauce that isn't simply soy, cornstarch, fish sauce, sesame oil... the usual ingredients i have no idea what I'm doing with, lol.

I wonder if we have those sachets here... Thanks. I need to look into this.
I love everything about stir-frying except coming up with a sauce that isn't simply soy, cornstarch, fish sauce, sesame oil... the usual ingredients i have no idea what I'm doing with, lol.

If you have a Chinese section in your local store, I am sure they will do a selection of stir fry sauces and Black Bean is a pretty common one. Let me know what you think if you try it! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom