Dinner Nov/2/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
so, what`s on the menu tonight ya`ll?

we`re having a Meaty pizza, ham and roast pork cubed up with peperoni and plenty Cheese :)

I don't know, its just me. I had planned to have mangos, I have two sitting here, but fancy something a bit more.....more. The idea of cooking just for me is a bit miserable tonight though. I widh I had something in the freezer, lol.

I know what breakfast tomorrow will be though, today was really cold and crisp and sharp and told me that I better prepare for a proper salty porridge tomorrow!

Maybe I'll poach an egg tonight......

i think i'm making sausage and peppers tonight.
also, garlic sauteed eggplant and zucchini cubes. have the last few from the garden to use up.

It's chilly out, so its chili for supper. I like to have some cut up onions and shredded cheese for on top, along with a dollop of sour cream.:rolleyes:

since it's just me, same as lulu, I don't know either.
I do have tons to prepare if only I wanted to but don't.
I'll have something really simple like raw cauliflower and broccoli or a salad of greens and beets and toms from the yard, maybe using up a bit of basil still lingering there too.
with DH gone, I'm blue...:( now I know how he feels most of the time:(

I'm feeling like doing something picky. I think I will make fresh pasta sheets and make cannelloni. Undecided about what to stuff them with. Thinking chicken and whatever veggies are going to die soon in the fridge, but I may do ground beef. I'm going to top them with tomato sauce so the beef might be better. Hmmm, what to do...

I just made a savory pie crust for a chicken and vegetable pie (onions, mushrooms, celery, carrotts) and some french fries with gravy.

I got chicken out this morning to cook tonight, but I have a splitting headach & don't really feel like cooking. If hubby didn't get off work so late tonight I'd talk him into cooking it.

We have a plumber coming late this afternoon to put in a water filtration unit so our water's going to be turned off for a few hours right over dinner. It actually works out because it's forcing me to heat up all of the leftovers that have been accumulating in the fridge!

I just started a pot roast and we will have mashed potatoes and gravy with it. I have some artichokes I cooked early this morning and will throw together a salad and now I need to make either some rolls, biscuits or dumplings..All this thinking!!!:LOL:

kadesma:)

Alix said:
UGH! Feel better soon crewsk. Take some ibuprofen and lie down.

Thanks Alix! I took some earlier today & took a nap before I picked the kids up from school, but that seemed to make it worse. As soon as I finish supervising homework, I'm taking a hot bath & going to bed.

Feel better soon, Crewsk!

I'm making Chicken Fried Pork, mashed potatos, gravy, salad and something green. :)

I'd never seen Cubed Pork steaks before and bought an armload. Sounds really good to me.

We call those breaded pork cutlets, Half Baked, and they are delicious! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

I finally made up my mind about the smoked pork. I found some packages of Lipton's Teriaki Rice in the pantry that need to be used up. (I kept all kinds of boxed and bagged things around when the boy was here...took a lot of bulk to fill him up.) I'll cook the rice and add the chopped smoked pork and a package of frozen stir-fry vegies. Not a gourmet meal, but I think it will be tasty.
I also have 2 pkgs of pre-sliced mushrooms in the fridge that Kim got last week. I'll get them sauteed tonight, then either freeze them, or make mushroom soup tomorrow. I've been wanting to try that.

You can get all kinds of meals out of that chili, Corazon...chili dogs, chili mac, chili nachos, chili cheese dip...ad infinitum.
I've been craving a good pot of chili. :-p

Constance said:
You can get all kinds of meals out of that chili, Corazon...chili dogs, chili mac, chili nachos, chili cheese dip...ad infinitum.
I've been craving a good pot of chili. :-p
I agree with you, Constance chili is so versatile, I love it and do it all ! :-p

Tonight's our order out night. So I just called and ordered indian food from what I think is the best place in Park Slope. I ordered saag panir, malai koftas, garlic nan and ka-chori as an appetizer. I'm excited because I thought this restaurant was too far from us for delivery but tonight I thought I'd take a chance and see if they'd deliver to us. They said yes. Maybe I'll tip the delivery guy a bit extra for the trip.

Back
Top Bottom