Dinner November 11th, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I miss VanillaBean!! Does anyone know anything?

Cubed up, dredged and browned bottom round roast. Simmered in beef broth, burgundy wine and mushrooms till tender, broth thickened (with flour and butter mashed to a paste), sour cream stirred in after removing from heat served over mashed taters (red & Yukon, butter, sea salt, ground peppercorns, sour cream & chives added) with a side of steamed & buttered Brussels sprouts.

img_936475_0_ebdcd2c15231ea743060bc6e07921832.jpg

Mmmmm, you have my mouth watering with your Boeuf Bourguignon Stroganov.

msmofet ... I want to dive right into the computer screen for your lovely dinner.

Dinner for us will be chicken breasts marinated in olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and S&P and then grilled on the George Foreman. On the side we'll have orzo pasta with roasted veggies.

msmofet ... I want to dive right into the computer screen for your lovely dinner.

Dinner for us will be chicken breasts marinated in olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and S&P and then grilled on the George Foreman. On the side we'll have orzo pasta with roasted veggies.
Thank you LC! Your dinner sounds yummy!!

I tried out an old fashioned Danish standby called "Burning Love". I have no idea why.

It's mashed potatoes topped with cubed bacon, soft browned onions, and parsley. It is traditionally served with pickled beets. It was even better than I expected. We had salad on the side.

Here's a photo from the Danish cooking website where I found the recipe. They left out the beets and loads of people commented on that.

4_880.jpg

I miss VanillaBean!! Does anyone know anything?
Cubed up, dredged and browned bottom round roast. Simmered in beef broth, burgundy wine and mushrooms till tender, broth thickened (with flour and butter mashed to a paste), sour cream stirred in after removing from heat served over mashed taters (red & Yukon, butter, sea salt, ground peppercorns, sour cream & chives added) with a side of steamed & buttered Brussels sprouts.

The beef and potatoes look great!

28716-albums287-picture2382.jpg

Sorry about the sprouts!:LOL:

we had our parent teacher conference today, so we ended up getting chinese take out on the way home.

wonton soup, roast pork yat gaw mein soup, veggie spring rolls, chicken teryaki on a stick, boneless ribs, chicken and broccoli, beef and broccoli, and shrimp and broccoli, each with a choice of spicy garlic sauce or brown sauce. oh, and brown or white rice.

we had our parent teacher conference today, so we ended up getting chinese take out on the way home.

wonton soup, roast pork yat gaw mein soup, veggie spring rolls, chicken teryaki on a stick, boneless ribs, chicken and broccoli, beef and broccoli, and shrimp and broccoli, each with a choice of spicy garlic sauce or brown sauce. oh, and brown or white rice.
Sounds good bucky.

Thanks, Princess. They are really cute, except for the gorgeous striped kitty. Not exactly cute, but oh so glamorous.

Thanks, Princess. They are really cute, except for the gorgeous striped kitty. Not exactly cute, but oh so glamorous.

Beauty isn't she. I have files and files of these kitties. PM me if you would like the link to the website I snag them from. Something else for you to do when you can't sleep!:)

Beauty isn't she. I have files and files of these kitties. PM me if you would like the link to the website I snag them from. Something else for you to do when you can't sleep!:)

Thanks, I'd love it. I think I ran into it before but forgot to add it to My Favorites.

How about post it here so others can check it out too?

S.

Back
Top Bottom