Dinner November 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I think we know what most of our American friends will be eating tonight. I'm interested in what the rest of you are doing for dinner. This could be a very QUIET thread today. LOL!!

Its snowing again and is colder than ...um... its really cold out there. I'm thinking either a hearty stew (must decide on chicken or beef) or chili. I'm also going to bake today. I'll do probably a rhubarb crisp or pie and some kind of cookie. I've got shortbread in my head right now and maybe some of my squishy gingerbread cookies. Madeleine has her early dismissal day today and I know she would get a kick out of cutting out some shapes.

Leftover Mexican Tinga with rice instead of tortillas. Side salad.

Then I'm off to my ladies group where there will be birthday cake and other goodies ;-)

Multi-Cultural Thanksgiving Dinner

Hey, I am glad to show off my Thanksgiving feast!

I am visiting family in California this week. I am showing off my Okinawa Sweet Potato Pie to my family and friends. (having trouble to load photo here)

We are going to have five-spice flavored roasted turkey (my sister marinated it over 2 nights ago. I am excited to taste, because it smells good), Lion's Head (Chinese dish = chicken meatballs with bok choy), mixed fruit and jello cocktail (fruit punch) and my favorite Purple Yam Pie (I'm having hard time to work in someone's kitchen). My brother was going to make potato salad, but he overcooked the patato. Now, he is making Gnocchi. Hmmm....

Some friends will bring their specialties to the dinner. It will be a very interesting multi-cultural thanksgiving dinner that I'd ever had.

We had fried turkey, dressing, broccoli salad, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy and deviled eggs. Pumpkin and pecan pies for dessert.

Oh, man, am I stuffed!

Roast turkey
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Gravy (made from stock from the wings and neck, and the drippings from the roasting pan)
Long Grain and Wild Rice
Green Beans w/ cream of mushroom soup
Corn
Sage Bread stuffing
Cornbread Dressing
Crescent rolls
Pumpkin pie w/ artificial whipped topping
ice cream (for later tonight)

Well Alix, your right, I had turkey for dinner :LOL: and all the sides. I am so full right now, I definately need to go for a walk.

Allen, your menu looked something like ours - at least the number of dishes. I was honestly so overwhelmed I didn't eat so much, the better for me I'm sure. I only ate a tiny piece of pie also. It was nice not to have to cook, and we enjoyed being with family.

We had hot crab dip, shrimp cocktail, turkey, gravy, oyster dressing, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, macaroni and cheese, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, crumb-top apple pie and red velvet cake.

Burp.

Pardon me, please.

We had a baked spiral ham, mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, green bean casserole, buttered corn, cucumbers, cranberry relish, Creamy Cran-Raspberry Jello Salad. For dessert we had an Oreo pie, mince meat pie, salted peanut bars, cream cheese bars. I am happy to say that everyone enjoyed themself.
I also called our oldest son Dan in Denver and everyone got to talk to him.:)

Coming to this a bit late. We had salmon steaks en papillote with a huge pile of spinach and some new potatoes. And Bakewell Pudding for afters.

Bakewells... YUM... haven't been able to eat any for years, but that almondy frangipane stuff is a fond memory :)

Hello Ishbel, how comes you haven't been able to eat Bakewell Pudding for years? That really is a sad loss.

I had Thanksgiving dinner at the Marina City Club with four of my friends. It was a buffet and the food was absolutely delicious. The restaurant is on the top floor of a 20 story building and the whole place is surrounded by windows so you can see all the boats in the marina.

We all had a wonderful time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom