Dinner Oct. 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
didn't see a thread. i have chicken thighs in mini crockpot. will add sweet baby ray"s sauce later. will serve with a baked sweet potato and pea salad. garlic bread. no real dessert. but have ice cream.:chef:

Made a pot of vegetable, beef with barley soup!

Had some for lunch.

It was so good I almost got my head stuck in the pot!:ohmy:

I'm marinating some pork in a white wine and herb marinade and will grill them later. On the side we'll have mashed sweet potato with butter and cinnamon and a veggie.

Tuesday must be chicken night....we're having french fried onion chicken and sugar snap peas

I'm veering away from the chicken and SBR BBQ that seems prevalent today and have burgers in the oven under the broiler since the propane was out in the grill. Have salads and chips.

I had fried chicken for lunch. Not much of an appetite at the moment, but I'm still hoping to make last night's original plans tonight.

dw's cholesterol results came back great, so she went food shopping for steaks.
her first steak in probably 7 years.

so, we had 2 ny strips, and 2 t-bones, with buttery mushrooms and nuked spuds. :pig:

buckytom said:
dw's cholesterol results came back great, so she went food shopping for steaks.
her first steak in probably 7 years.

so, we had 2 ny strips, and 2 t-bones, with buttery mushrooms and nuked spuds. :pig:

Congrats to DW, BT! That's huge! Your steaks sound heavenly.

Had a big salad for lunch, still not hungry. A bit tired of pea soup. Maybe tuna casserole for later.

Chili with Cincinnati fixings and corn bread sticks; cold front moving through today, so great big splats of cold rain were the perfect accompaniment.

I made this last week. Mark really liked it.... broken up lasagna noodles with sauce and vegies.
I didn't know what else to make, so I just threw this together.

img_1060350_0_cff757d76a808cded360cbc14a903888.jpg

img_1060350_1_f02b7a137601d82a384e4d0ddf5491c0.jpg

Congrats to DW, BT! That's huge! Your steaks sound heavenly.

Had a big salad for lunch, still not hungry. A bit tired of pea soup. Maybe tuna casserole for later.

thanks dawg. i was a little worried that i 'd screw up such an important steak, but i got lucky and each one came out perfectly medium rare.

it was great to see her enjoy it so much.

wH had basic Burger & Fries with home baked buns. The fries were fresh with a beef veloute and cheddar bechamel sauces. What a nice change those made from ketchup.

beanie, you should at the very least get your total cholesterol checked. hdl, ldl, and triglyceride numbers are each important.

but as far as i've seen, you eat delicious looking food! your dinner looks like a chinese dish called chow ho fun.

Back
Top Bottom