Dinner: Oct. 2, TGIF!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it was going to be meatballs/tomatoey sauce and pasta, but my darling OH has eaten them for lunch so now will be whatever I can find in cupboards, probably corned beef hash.

I was all set to make a ground chevon and vegetable soup with garlic bread, but I just got home and found a dinner invite to go to friends' house. They have a leg of lamb in the crockpot...maybe I will whip up something to take along. We are having 3 extra guests for dinner tomorrow so I need to make some preps for that as well..

Buffalo Wing chicken breast sandwiches, cole slaw, tater salad.

Maybe I'm trying to channel some summer back, LOL

I think the last of the meat pies (must make some more) and salad. It is just Dad and I as DH is back to work. I have packed him some of the French's Sweet Skillet Chicken from last night with rice and salad.

Tonight is going to be using leftover vegie/polish sausage soup from the freezer and things that have to be used out of the fridge.

I'm adding some kidney beans and diced tomato to the soup. I have a hunk of cornbread to use up, so I'll make those into croutons for my soup. Along side, a cucumber and tomato salad tossed with italian dressing.

Spoiling DH tonight. Filet mignon on the grill with Fr, onion soup au gratin. Probably throw in a baker to split and sauté some mushrooms to toss over the steak. Picked up a nice baguette at Publix. May do some garlic bread with some of it after the onion soup gets some of it. And of course a nice Cabernet.

ground lamb and beef burgers seasoned with a combination of Middle Eastern spices, tossed salad and pilaf.

Dinner 10/2/09:

Everyone wanted ham steak again and they were $2.99 a pound so I got another one.

Smithfield smoked ham steak, tater tots and bruschetta.

img_853795_0_03786ce178d1e24cb95626dfa349bae5.jpg

We're having leftover veggie-tortelini soup. I'm cooking for a funeral that's tomorrow and our singles and servicemen's meal on Sunday.
The soup is really good, though, and then I don't have to make three dishes and a meal besides.

There was a Ledo's on the hotel property in arlington when we went up to bury my uncle at the ANC. Had never had it until then. My gawd that sauce!!! * wipes drool off keyboard*:LOL:

And the crust! Somewhere between a good proper biscuit and a pizza crust......there is no other.....maybe except for "Ye Olde Pizza Joint" in Hayward, CA. It burned down a few years ago, 1920 Wurlitzer pipe organ and all....:(

Yesterday I picked up two of Walmart's own "Take & Bake" 12" cheese pizzas. We really like these, as they're very well made & are covered with LOTS of cheese - shredded Mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago, & Fontina, I believe. I like getting two 12-inchers instead of one 16"-18" because then hubby & I can have our own toppings (& dear hubby is VERY picky).

So I made his with sliced mushrooms & turkey pepperoni, & I had my favorite paper-thin-madoline-sliced onions & anchovy filets. Both with sprinklings of dried Italian Seasoning & crushed red pepper flakes. Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom