Dinner, October 2, 2019, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
When we were going through the freezers and making our grocery list last week, I found 1/2 pound ground beef, 2 pieces of Italian sausage and about 1/4 of a ball of fresh moz, so I made bite sized meatballs with the ground beef, cut up the sausage into bite sized pieces, chunked up the cheese, made some tomato sauce, mixed it all with cooked pasta, topped with Parm and baked. Salad and garlic bread for sides. Came out quite tasty.

Attachments

• 2019-10-02 17.55.41.jpg
    2019-10-02 17.55.41.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 114
SO's daughter is visiting so she made DD's favorite comfort food, golabkis for the two of them. I hand spaghetti al carbonara.

SIL sent over a large pan of already heated turkey chilli and a warm baguette. Oh, and cooked spaghetti sauce for tomorrow's dinner. Oh, and a small baggie of early Halloween chocolate candy bars. Dx is feeling much better today except she isn't allowed to do anything yet. We took a turn or two circle tour around the back yard in between rain showers today and watched a movie.

Last edited:
We had individual casseroles for two tonight.

A bed of seasoned fresh asparagus pieces, topped with a Mahi Mahi fillet that was slathered with a mix of mayo and Chimichuri sauce and topped with buttered Panko crumbs, baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Loaded baked spuds were on the side.
Delicious and easy.

We had a few leftovers (2 crab cakes and a half of pork chop), plus I pulled a quart of creamy chicken and wild rice soup from the freezer. So far, the soup is gone.

I decided to follow a recipe for "goulash" (American style). So I carefully did the onions and garlic in butter, used the beef broth to boil the noodles with the hamburger, added organic Glen Muir tomato sauce, and Marzano peeled tomatoes that I had to dice, and when it was all done, I stirred in a cup of cheddar cheese, salt, and a few (only a few, thank Thrognar) pepper flakes.

So that was supper tonight.

It was good, but after all that, it didn't taste a whole lot better than just throwing some jarred Classico tomato sauce over hamburger and elbow macaroni. But it wasn't all that hard to make either, and it did have a pretty rich (and spicy) taste to it. But if I want to save a few bucks, this isn't something I'd make all the time. And the Classico spicy basil sauce also has tomato chunks in it, now that I think about it.

Back
Top Bottom