"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Dessert is not to be..I just don't have what it takes right now
Didn't you see my post? Marie Callender's Semi-Annual Pie Sale! All pies, $5.99 plus tax(that would be $6.49 in most CA counties). The Marie Callenders I go to even has a special parking space, right next to the door, for the "PIE-TO-GO" buyers!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Well, today I turn the big 3-6. I'm at work, and then drug rehab/treatment until 8:30 so I'll probably have another fried egg sandwich for supper..or maybe just birthday cake ALL DAY LONG!
A great big "Happy Birthday, Angie!" You're still a young pooch.

And...what's wrong with birthday cake all day long?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Chicken oriental-style in the crock-pot with tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, etc. Served over rice with snow peas. Coconut-banana creme pie for dessert.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Since I'm still pretty weak, we picked up an already roasted chicken and will do some steamed zuchini and yellow squash, a nice green salald with tomato,onion, avocado, cucumbers and an asian tasting dressing, roasting a few baby yukons in evoo and adding whole garlic cloves toward the end..doing some corn in the skillet in some butter..Dessert is not to be..I just don't have what it takes right now..but I think we will all survive without dessert a week or two
kadesma
Excuse you? Oh my gosh, girlfriend, I have been worried sick about you!!!! And here you are making dinner?!?! Dessert is not the only think not to be - you cooking should not to be! You should be recovering!!!!! I PMd you, check!

Okay, now that I am up off the floor, I have creamy potato soup in the crock pot, just cooked 2 lbs. of bacon to garnish, and have a loaf of french bread in the bread maker. BTW, Bakers Square pies are $5.99 this month too.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Kadesma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so glad to see you back. I hope you take it easy, sounds like you are back in the kitchen, when you may need to be on the couch. Ditch the desserts, girlfriend and don't feel the least bit guilty.. Oh, I am so happy you are home, what a scare, huh?

Oh my dinner...top of the stove macaroni and cheese (whole wheat and spirals pastas with a goat milk and aged cheddar cheese sauce), and some fresh fall broccoli stirred in at the end, with a warm slice of NY Times bread.

Welcome back Kadesma!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I picked up a "Smart Chicken" and will stick it on the rotisserie. This time I'm going to use a combination Asian BBQ sauce that I will brush on towards the end consisting of:

low sodium soy sauce
grapefruit juice
Hoisin
ketchup
rice wine vinegar
cup light brown sugar
fresh red chilies, halved
garlic cloves, halved
piece of fresh ginger whacked to split open for flavor

Then an Asian-type pasta salad with mostly broccoli, carrots and spring onions.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #17
Head Chef

First things first....WELCOME Kadesma!

Second, Katie E may I have the recipe to what you are serving? Sounds good.

Third, my dinner, well leftover stuff I had in the freezer. I am too busy prepping for tomorrow's family night dinner.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #18
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I picked up a "Smart Chicken" and will stick it on the rotisserie.
I dunno, but I would expect a "smart chicken" to be able to avoid being stuck on someone's rotisserie.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #19
Traveling Welcome Wagon

My best friend called out of the blue today and needed to go to the emergency room. There is a McDonald's at WalMart, so while her prescriptions were being filled we had burgers and fries. Poor Christi could hardly eat hers (inner and outer ear infection) so she barely got the cheeseburger down. Sometimes we can plan our meals, and sometimes circumstances toss the plans out of the window.

Barbara
Old 10-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie View Post
Excuse you? Oh my gosh, girlfriend, I have been worried sick about you!!!! And here you are making dinner?!?! Dessert is not the only think not to be - you cooking should not to be! You should be recovering!!!!! I PMd you, check!

Okay, now that I am up off the floor, I have creamy potato soup in the crock pot, just cooked 2 lbs. of bacon to garnish, and have a loaf of french bread in the bread maker. BTW, Bakers Square pies are $5.99 this month too.
oh never mind the rest I wrote, I just saw this, guess I know what's for dinner and I get out of cooking,yeah!

after this "vacation"? is done, which won't be soon enough, I may be making for dinner something very liquid with a kick