Dinner on July 2, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dessert...

Attachments

• IMG-20120702-00020.jpg
    IMG-20120702-00020.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 155
Whoa, Alix! Loverly!

DH is snoring on the couch, had a hard day. I had Cheerios with agave syrup and skim milk. There's leftover lasagna when he wakes up.

Last edited:
Dessert...

MMMMM I'll have a slice or three!!!! :pig:

I grilled a pork loin filet, some corn on-the-cob, and we had veggies from the garden. Home made mint chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate syrup for dessert....

Thanks all! Ken and Kate tell me its one of my best. I haven't got room for a piece yet. Lots left...first come first served!

Harry Cobean, your seafood dinner looks amazing. I would love to share that. LOVE seafood. :yum:

Taxlady, same with your salad. I haven't had bleu cheese in ages and that looks wonderful.

Alix, I want a slice or three or four of your dessert!

Oh my....as usual I'm craving so many of the meals you all posted. :)

Dave, will you please post your recipe for your homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream? My daughter has a mint plant that's going crazy, and has been wanting to try uses for it....mint ice cream being first of all. :)

....afterthought....Dave, I just realized that it's not necessarily mint leaves that you used, and could be extract. Still would like the recipe, though. lol...

Last edited:
We had peppercorn-crusted filet mignon, baked potatoes, and roasted broccoli. Also, my favorite Merlot - Raymond Vineyard and Cellar Merlot Reserve, Napa.

I had some salmon leftover from yesterday, shredded it and mixed just enough mayo and fresh lemon juice to get it to hold together for a cracker spread. :) Nice cool dinner on another warm evening.

img_1156336_0_f702f15d8b5d668f3290e2b789766319.jpg

I, too, went for a burger. A friend makes this wonderful confit de l'onion, which turns any burger into gourmet. It was fast and easy and we already had some pasta salad. Kitchen has no a/c so keeping it cool is the name of the game. It hit 100 degrees by our thermometer today, something that hasn't happened since we've lived here (a dozen or so years); maybe never.

I'm already thinking of tomorrow's meal, which I'll start in the wee hours, getting the cooking done early so I can prepare a cold supper.

I had some salmon leftover from yesterday, shredded it and mixed just enough mayo and fresh lemon juice to get it to hold together for a cracker spread. :) Nice cool dinner on another warm evening.

img_1156373_0_f702f15d8b5d668f3290e2b789766319.jpg
still working on that watermelon cheryl:ermm::LOL:?!!
looks good C,if we ever see the sun again over here i'll probably eat something like that too:rolleyes:!

scallops,prawns & mussels with fettuccine in a white white/garlic/saffron/chilli & olive oil sauce dressed with basil & washed down with ice cold muscadet.it was nice......

oh harry. you had me at hello...

beautiful dish!

same goes for cheryl.

and taxy, that looks saltfully, sinfully tempting.

and alix, wow! get those clean sheets ready!

wait, that doesn't sound right, just after ken's birthday and all. :huh:

Last edited:
oh harry. you had me at hello...

beautiful dish!

same goes for cheryl.

and taxy, that looks saltfully, sinfully tempting.

and alix, wow! get those clean sheets ready!

wait, that doesn't sound right, just after ken's birthday and all. :huh:
hey bucky
good to hear from you man,thought the storms had gotcha...i know bolas & i bang on about our weather but thank gawd we don't get anything like you guy's do:ohmy:!
the seafood? yeah,every once in a while a meal turns out bob on so i thought i'd show off a l'il bit!!
keep ya powder dry!
harry

Dave, will you please post your recipe for your homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream? My daughter has a mint plant that's going crazy, and has been wanting to try uses for it....mint ice cream being first of all. :)

....afterthought....Dave, I just realized that it's not necessarily mint leaves that you used, and could be extract. Still would like the recipe, though. lol...

I used mint from my herb garden.. that was the inspiration for making it. :) I'll post the recipe this evening.

The recipe is posted here http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f45/mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-80424.html

Thank you, Dave! I put it in my favorites and will print it out for daughter tomorrow. :)

Kylie - mmmm....chicken stir fry. Always a good dish, I love it.

keep ya powder dry!
harry

lol, harry. my dad is always signing off on the phone with some kind of mountain man / cowboy like expression when we talk.

he uses, "watch your topknot", or "keep your nose in the wind", or " keep your eye on the skyline" , or "don't go off half cocked, or "keep your wits about you"" a lot.

i'm going to use "keep your powder dry" as a response this week. :)

he's 89 years old today. and to this day, he still wishes he went farther west when he left ireland and landed in nyc.

Last edited:
lol, harry. my dad is always signing off on the phone with some kind of mountain man / cowboy like expression when we talk.

he uses, "watch your topknot", or "keep your nose in the wind", or " keep your eye on the skyline" , or "don't go off half cocked, or "keep your wits about you"" a lot.

i'm going to use "keep your powder dry" as a response this week. :)

he's 89 years old today. and to this day, he still wishes he went farther west when he left ireland and landed in nyc.
happy birthday to your dad bt,89 eh? that's a good innings & hopefully a few more runs to score:)! dad was 92 & mum is still going @ 96....she reckons 97 and,you know what? when you get to that age you've earned the right to be william shakespeare if you want so an extra year?oy!
i've got a lot of gay friends & they very often sign off with "keep ya tongue out"......probably not butch enough for your dad tho'!.
impressed with your arsenal of fireworks bt....any windows left in your neighbourhood?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom