"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
Executive Chef
Dinner on last day of February?

good morning to you all.
I won't be having dinner today cause there will be no time. Back to work now and will be in Vegas by 11 pm so it'll have to be "What's for breakfast tomorrow 3/1" for me.

What's anyone cooking for dinner tonight? I can still salivate over everyone else's meals and I'll eat vicariously through you all

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Chief Eating Officer
We had friends over for dinner this past weekend, but dinner plans got a little screwed up because we ended up haveing a very late lunch. Because of that 9pm rolled around and we stillwere not very hungry. I made dinner anyway, but skipped the salad (which was just bagged ceasar salad). So now I have three bags of ceasar salad in the fridge that needs to be used up. I pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer and will cook those up and slice then for chicken ceasar tonight.

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
if the veal shoulder chops that i defrosted on sunday are still good, i'm going to seperate the sections of meat, pound them into scallopini, and make veal piccata. i'd really hate to have to chuck them.
if not, there's chicken breasts and legs, ground buffalo, ground turkey, and 2 pork tenderlions that all have to be made very soon. i'm thinking of firing up the grill and knocking off the chicken and tenderloins. i'm thinking bbq sauce for the chicken, but i want/need to find a good balsamic marinade for the pork.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
Executive Chef
Well, you don't gain weight eating vicariously, can you? I'm taking the 10 lb challenge from now til Easter so I hope I can stick with it. I'm trying to find my South Beach diet book to get some help, so I suppose we will be having something lean and green.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Will be having a pork roast, studded with garlic and rosemary, roasted potatoes, carrots, celery,turnips..Some large globe artichokes,hot biscuits, a warm red cabbage salad with goat cheese and bacon and an apple tart with polenta crust.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Have no idea and nothing's out thawing yet. I know there's tilapia and shrimp in the freezer so I'll whip up a quick and simple seafood dish tonight. Back to washing dishes and folding clothes...argh!
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
Assistant Cook
Not in the mood for slaving in the kitchen tonight.......maybe a good French baguette, brie, some prociutto and a few wines
Meat Good
COGRILLGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
?? It's grocery store day. I'll decide when I get there.

I have to make a real dinner tonight. I haven't really cooked in awhile. Paul's starting to grumble. lol
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
Shrove Tuesday today so its potato pancakes in our house. Except for Ken who gets white rice and lots of it for being mean to me this morning. (I haven't forgotten Ken!)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
Head Chef
Well, tomorrow is the start of 40 days without beer for Ronjohn, so I'll be having beer for sure at the homebrew club meeting tonight, but I have no idea what to have with the beer...

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote