Dinner on Monday Sept 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I think I'm going to make lasagna with my homemade tomato sauce today. I've got all the ingredients and its supposed to be chilly outside today.

Grilled white sea bass placed on a fire roasted red pepper and smothered with mango-coconut salsa, and a 2005 Mosolo Gleni pinot grigio

I think I'll roast or grill a whole chicken. Pilaf for me and some low carb veggies for SO.

I'm going to roast a chicken too. I've got beer, so I'm going to attempt some kind of oven roasted beer can chicken.

I'm going to use the left over roast chicken from the other night and make a chicken-pot-pie type thing with a crescent roll top crust.

Spent the day driving a friend (her truck broke down in my driveway Friday). She treated me to a late lunch, so I think I'll just have some steamed veggies. Have to go back to my friend's shortly to take her to the garage, quick stop back at the house to lock up the girls, grab a bite, and then I'm off to a meeting.

Last night we had lamb loin chops, egg and chips

Then later that evening we went to an Indian Takeaway that someone suggested to my husband at work, we went to get a menu, but when we walked in the aromas were so nice that we had a couple of samosa each and a cheese naan :LOL:

So we were very full last night :ROFLMAO:

Grilling the flank steak we meant to do Saturday, except our kitchen contractor didn't go home early enough for us to get started. Flank steak, garden green beans, and thick slices of La Brea garlic bread, brushed with olive oil and quickly toasted on the dying coals.

I'm going to use the left over roast chicken from the other night and make a chicken-pot-pie type thing with a crescent roll top crust.

Change of plans.. DirectTV is still here upgrading the system so I think we are going to get take-out Chinese Roast Pork Lo Mein for me!!!

I finally decided what to fix. I have a pot of Chili simmering now. I have been craving it all summer. Not sure why I never made any. I don't subscribe to the season meals unless it is when the fresh ingredients are readable available.

dw made a pretty good turkey and cheese meatloaf, and nuked some spuds.

i picked loads of tomatoes and basil from the garden and made a tomato salad with balsamic vinegar.

i also picked loads of grape tomatoes that were so sweet they didn't need any help, as well as a few extremely hot caribbean "red hots" (peppers). i nibbled on one, and it didn't seem too bad so i popped the whole thing in my mouth. that was a mistake! whoo baby, those suckers are seriously hot. thank god there was a container of sour cream on the table for the nuked spuds. :huh:

Monday night dinner

I just used left over chicken with brown rice mix and steamed vegetables:chef:

Monday niht dinner

Just give me half hour and I can whip up anything without any recipe..:cool:

Hi Ginny, welcome to DC.
I too am having leftover chicken, as a salad top and some mixed cold veggies.
Zucchini bread for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom